IGNORED

WATMM to cover Squarepusher

chassis

So, were doing a compilation album. Its been widely agreed that this should be a "cover" album and not a "remix" album. So no going mental with something that sounds completely different. Im not telling you not to be creative but nothing thats needs a massive stretch

Pick the song you want to do, sort out between members whos doing what tracks. Ive got quite a lot of work to do since college is now back in the swing so Im going to set the deadline as 6th of March.

Any problems with this, just PM me and we'll sort it out.

So if no one else wants to do it, I like to do Red Hot Car.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd consider doing an acoustic cover of something, but I haven't got a proper mic worth shit.

Maybe I'll work something out, Tommib Help Buss or even Tommib would be sexy.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Does it matter if people cover the same tune?

Umm seems quite avoidable with Jenkinson's huge catalog of songs. The goal is to make a really good community compilation of covers (not remixes) that is quite listenable, interesting, front to back, NO SKIPPERS, all killer no filler, right?

Seems kind of redundant to have two covers of the same song on an album. If we were doing dramatically differently structured remixes it would be a different story.

I'd like to do "Do You Know Squarepusher".

I'm also looking for help in deciphering the lyrics.

That was my first choice, but I honestly wouldn't do that track justice. Good luck!

Honestly, I want to say that I'm in, and that I'd like to do Port Rhombus, but I'm sure someone else would be able to do a /much/ better job of it, so if anyone else wants to claim it soon, it's yours. Otherwise I will devote my life to making the best cover I can.

I really like that cover. Wish the pads were louder and in stereo though. It sounds like it should be filling my head, but instead it's just chillin' in the background. I know it's old though, so I don't actually expect you to make any changes.

Also I'd like to formally claim Port Rhombus actually, even if it is suicide.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

This is Beneboi BTW, I posted it because he wanted to comfort yalls to relax & hear how horribly shitty is cover is.

He just released his first legitimate EP & it's fucking lols terrible. You gotta hear how amateur his delusional "songs" are on this.

http://www.archive.org/details/BeneboiFdr

EDIT:I can't fucking type tonight, been punching in too many beats on my MPD. My fingas be made o butter.

Oh phew, I don't have to be nice about it then. It's really unoriginal, horribly mastered, and extremely repetitive. Honestly it has some good aspects IMO, but yeah. It takes the pressure off me some quality wise.

Archived