IGNORED

WATMM to cover Squarepusher

chassis

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surrounded by work and have yet no time to work on a track...But I would love it ! Tomorrow I hopefully receive my MPC so if I get the inspiration I may be able to start sumthin' from scratch and submit it !

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still open then? What's the new deadline if so?

Also, has anyone got dibs on Tomorrow World?

Yes, this is still open. Originally the due date was much earlier but not enough submissions were received. As it stands there is no due date right now. Please make something and submit it to Chassis so this can still happen!

Guest EraserheadMusic

Is this still open then? What's the new deadline if so?

Also, has anyone got dibs on Tomorrow World?

Yes, this is still open. Originally the due date was much earlier but not enough submissions were received. As it stands there is no due date right now. Please make something and submit it to Chassis so this can still happen!

I am glad to hear this. Last night I started a cover of Tomorrow World.

How closely must the song structure follow the original? The way it stands I have tried to recreate as many of the melodic elements as possible whilst chopping my beats in a freestyle yet decidedly Pusher-esque manner. Ideally I would like to change the overall song structure... ie extend some of the shorter bits of the original and cut down some of the longer bits - and make it more punctual overall. Would this be seen as contravening the 'cover version' brief?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a little bit of hesitation but finally set my mind on doing a cover of Rebus, in a kind of jazzy hip-hop way. I've always found that track fun and beautiful but a little underrated so I'll try to do it justice !

• 3 weeks later...

I sent mine, didnt I? Cant remember, hope I can get the file up and running on my new computer if not!

Izocunthole?

Otherwise I dont have it.

Release multiple mini comp singles over a period of three years, each with two tracks on it.

This is a possibility.

I have your cover anyway, 2 in fact.

Guest placidburp

Checked my messages on here and I definitely sent it, YOU'D BEST HAVE IT!!!! If not, I will send it again, sure I have the WAV somewhere.

Archived