IGNORED

James Blake is the new Phil Collins

beerwolf

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

I though the album was quite disappointing to be honest. His EP's are so full of hope, didnt deliver in my opinion.

i really really liked klavierwerke, but holy shit that lp is just so boring.

i don't even know who he or mount kimbie is, whats the deal?

edit: haha this video fits perfectly into the first item on my kill list, totally normal music with cheesy effects on it to make it sound 'weird'

you're all full of shit. i honestly think that the majority of watmm's taste is too narrow to like his album. it's completely brilliant btw.

i'm sure he's very sorry that he didn't include enough 140 bpm drill and bass faggotry

haha, its funny that when something is poppy and vocal based you have to be 'closed minded' sorry 'narrow minded' not to like it.

it's not poppy in the slightest.

haha, its funny that when something is poppy and vocal based you have to be 'closed minded' sorry 'narrow minded' not to like it.

it's not poppy in the slightest.

alright, that video to me had a pop structure but i suppose you have a different definition than i do.

this track of his on that website would fit nicely in the 'vocal' section of a record store, with the subtraction of the warbly pitch shifter on his vocals and the sub bass dubstep elements it sounds like extremely vanilla ballady music to me

edit: my friend just showed me his CYMK ep and i actually think it's pretty good, nothing too mind blowing but decent well made cutup electronic stuff

edit: my friend just showed me his CYMK ep and i actually think it's pretty good, nothing too mind blowing but decent well made cutup electronic stuff

look i found her

DAMN

the album is quite different to the EPs, also recommended is the klavierwerke and bells sketch EPs

Guest Enter a new display name

This "enjoying James Blake's music is so cool" attitude is getting old very quickly.

you're all full of shit. i honestly think that the majority of watmm's taste is too narrow to like his album. it's completely brilliant btw.i'm sure he's very sorry that he didn't include enough 140 bpm drill and bass faggotry

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I am not necessarily as disappointed as in my first listen but people who enjoy the LP saying "you don't like this album because you are close-minded" has been seen too often solely for this album. James Blake's new direction has definitely created an opposition between the listeners.

Allow the Blake I say, man makes good tunes!

I've not read such an attention seeking and self serving article for ages

you clearly haven't been reading much NME then.

i'd love to kick conor mcnicholls scrawny hipster ass from here to the point where they declared electroclash to be the future of music back in 2001 and back again.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I am not necessarily as disappointed as in my first listen but people who enjoy the LP saying "you don't like this album because you are close-minded" has been seen too often solely for this album. James Blake's new direction has definitely created an opposition between the listeners.

come on, obviously i don't say i like james blake because i think it's cool to like james blake. i just find it strange that people on a board like this wouldn't appreciate a carefully made, pretty record with such a singular sound.

Archived