IGNORED

Radiohead - The King Of Limbs

Guest bitroast

maybe they want you to feel like you are getting something worthwhile? something they put some thought into packaging and making a proper album and accompanying art. maybe if you preordered and got a cd 5 months later you would feel let down. maybe because they are radiohead and can do whtever the fuck they want. its fine with me. the in rainbows box was not a disappointment. this will be no different.

i am actually wishing i had bought the in rainbows box set.

it just irks me the way it's been worded. it's almost as if they want all the pitchfork hipsters to go OMGZ I JUST HAVE TO HAS THE PORPOISE-BUILT REKKID SLEEV

sure they do. its radiohead and lots of hipsters buy them and they know that. Still I like the music very much

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You had me at "new Radiohead". Pre-ordered. And the thing will be available this saturday. Sweet.

On a tangent: I expected they would have been doing the pre-release "160k mp3" again. The one where you could make up for yourself what you'd pay. And they still made a boatload of money, even though it wasn't the official release yet.

Tangent2: RH subforum.

maybe they want you to feel like you are getting something worthwhile? something they put some thought into packaging and making a proper album and accompanying art. maybe if you preordered and got a cd 5 months later you would feel let down. maybe because they are radiohead and can do whtever the fuck they want. its fine with me. the in rainbows box was not a disappointment. this will be no different.

i am actually wishing i had bought the in rainbows box set.

it just irks me the way it's been worded. it's almost as if they want all the pitchfork hipsters to go OMGZ I JUST HAVE TO HAS THE PORPOISE-BUILT REKKID SLEEV

sure they do. its radiohead and lots of hipsters buy them and they know that. Still I like the music very much

enough with the hipster shit. they are their own hype machine and they earned it by putting out quality art time after time.

here look at these fucking hipsters.

2u6pevk.jpg

"where I end and you begin" is such a purely incredible song. as is HTTT a purely incredible album. underrated in their discog.

and regarding the package... hell yeah they want hipsters to buy it. it's a genius business model, and frankly the ONLY business model any musician should use in the modern days!

they are their own hype machine

you not counting Pitchfork?

pitchfork was nothing when radiohead exploded. i don't doubt they contribute new hype but i don't think its relevant at all to radiohead sales, no.

I can't afford it but I'm so tempted to pre-order this anyway, I missed out on Analord 10 through being too tight and have regretted it since.

Done, looks like I'm living off tins of beans for the rest of the month.

Archived