IGNORED

Africa Hitech - 93 Million Miles

Guest Enter a new display name

Guest ploom2

i dont understand , why stream a good quality album entirely , and then try charging for it ....

dont they realise its easy to capture it , getting it for free..no matter how guilty someone may feel for not buying it, its even harder to buy something youve heard a lot weeks in advance.

small 1 minute chunks would've been enough to decide to buy or not , after a quick blitz through i probably will.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kineaesth

Light The Way is so fucking lovely; I'm really looking forward to this album. I really like what they're doing at the ~150/160 bpm mark, rather than just making obvious juke/footwork. Really impressed.

i dont understand , why stream a good quality album entirely , and then try charging for it ....

dont they realise its easy to capture it , getting it for free..no matter how guilty someone may feel for not buying it, its even harder to buy something youve heard a lot weeks in advance.

small 1 minute chunks would've been enough to decide to buy or not , after a quick blitz through i probably will.

This happened with Amon Tobin's ISAM as well recently - I guess when you can download most albums instantly just by putting the title into google, most people don't bother ripping a streamed album.

Album's really good too, got the vinyl through the post yesterday. 'Our Luv' is an amazing track, Mark Pritchard's really been hitting it out of the park these last two years.

i dunno why, but i have this odd feeling that if a black producer not signed to warp made this exact track wattum's response would be... different

I don't think you can really compare DJ Nate to this though.

OMG because of this sample I went on a hard Africa Hitech listening period for the past two days. There is some stuff I just can't bear, but there is some stuff I just fell in love with. My favourite by far being The Sound Of Tomorrow off their first EP :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-3AhErCyZU

The Blen remix is also very good, and so are a major part of the Hitecherous EP.

Maybe this'll decide me to go and buy this album.

Warp you wallet rapers.

This groove (Sound of Tomorrow) kills me!

I'm not quite getting it so far ... I only know the track from the Warp 2010 sampler and the new ones posted here, no album. Some of them are alright, some of them I don't like at all. Maybe the whole thing lacks freshness for me as I'm already familiar with African (or African American) producers who also merge rural instruments and electronics. the material of DJ Hi-Tek (irony) has more groove than what I've heard from Africa Hitech so far, and most of it is a good 10 years older.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvNRaF9YLU0

^ video gets blocked in my country, but if it's the song I mean, it's awesome.

Really really enjoying this album, one of the highlights of the year for me so far along with The Weeknd and some other bits.

There's a super limited 12" VIP of Out In The Streets coming out in June, 200 copies only, jungle styles. Other tunes sound great too. Can't wait to play this in a club and watch it go off.

http://warp.net/records/africa-hitech/out-in-the-streets-vip-live-dates

Also, have we discussed the artwork yet? I'd love to get a giant print of it from somewhere, love it.

Guest kineaesth

http://crowquills.com/ Shit's awesome.

Really cool stuff, but man, so similar, such a bold style, I couldn't really see how you could practically use those pieces once the style has reached any level of saturation... Thanks for the link, though, some wonderful pretty colours

This draws me the more I listen to it. At first I thought, "this is not for me", after repeated listens I think it's brilliant, fantastic music.

Archived