IGNORED

12-YEAR-OLD BOY GENIUS SETS OUT TO DISPROVE BIG BANG

karmakramer

In the news: "12 year old sets himself to disprove the big bang theory, watmm shits its pants after being confronted with its own incompetence" :facepalm:

There's no reason to shit your pants over this. The 12 year old has a valid point, which may or may not turn out to be complete nonsense. What sets him apart from the average 12 year olds is in the "how", not in the "know". At 12 he's going to try to form a valid scientific theory based on some observations about exploding stars. The world would look a lot better if more 12 year olds would have the guts and the discipline to put themselves to something like that. And if people wouldn't go apeshit about it.

Relax people, he's only 12. He's not going after your girlfriend. This is his LEGO. Let him play for god sake.

nicely put

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How so?

How about adding some information? Just pretend you're writing cables to be released on wikileaks, and see where that image takes you.

his IQ is higher than Einstein’s

WTF? As far as I know Einstein never took an IQ test in his life...

"The Blaze is a news, information and opinion site brought to you by Glenn Beck and a dedicated team of writers, journalists & video producers."

Guest disparaissant

"The Blaze is a news, information and opinion site brought to you by Glenn Beck and a dedicated team of writers, journalists & video producers."

ahahaha wow i didn't even catch that

Guest Calx Sherbet
there is all this temperature going off

the hell does that mean.

i don't get it. was it ever implied or theorised that the big bang didn't carry out the way he's putting it into question? the whole thing about carbon remains. it could've carried out exactly the way he's putting it, and over the course of billions of years, you'd think the remains of the explosion would've changed. he asks "wouldn't there be some sort of carbon?". i must be missing some really important details, i won't question him on that considering the quote on page one is vague. there's probably more to it. but....who says there couldn't have been carbon? just looking at it in simple terms. maybe there's a reason our theory has mentioned that writes off the possibility of it.

also, how does one disprove something that isn't proven? that's like proving my favourite colour isn't blue

edit: i've consumed medication, an energy drink, and i didn't get any sleep. sorry if nothing in my post made sense

ahahaha wow i didn't even catch that

lol wow wtf

looking at the site now it does indeed appear to be right wing spin city lol

It's like one level you have all this complex math but if you actually go a step beyond that it's basically just all about eternal hammer-ons with both hands. It transcends time. That's why LiquidJam Metalbox claim that their albums have no length. All their albums from 1987 onwards sound like harps melting backwards but at the same time NOT.

It's not about complex impregnable math !! That is to succumb to the con. We kill all that bS and just observe and theorize, and then discount all that disproves our wacky 60's sci-fi multi-verse bS theories.

Do you understand the math?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

maybe the big bang was SO big it and combined those elements but then tore them apart again :cool:

just add 10 layers of maths and you might get a nobel for that

"“There are two different types of when stars end. When the little stars die, it’s just like a small poof. They just turn into a planetary nebula. But the big ones, above 1.4 solar masses, blow up in one giant explosion, a supernova,” Jake said. “What it does, is, in larger stars there is a larger mass, and it can fuse higher elements because it’s more dense.”

OK . . . trying to follow you."

This part of the article pissed me off. Throughout my whole college experience so far I've come to have a shit attitude against any form of writing or social science major because it's pretty much just easy-to-do bullshit.

"OK... trying to follow you." Fucking seriously? You never took any form of basic physics or chemistry? People fucking suck.

Yeah the attitude that science/business students have toward humanities really pisses me off. I take great solace in knowing that I will be writing policy papers which will influence their lives far more than any shitty business decision they make (barring the occasional genius scientist).

Great... what is this, the third thread we have going on about bacon now?

Great... what is this, the third thread we have going on about bacon now?

:flower:

I find it funny that for all their damn genius, most of these kids don't seem philosophical, or questioning of the institutions of society they are surrounded by. My guess is that they've been pampered and praised so long and not given any time to really work out their own identity. Seems like those who do just shoot themselves in the head before age 8 though.

Somehow I feel this kid will fade to obscurity among other child prodigies. How many have there been that show great potential, maybe they write some good papers, but nothing groundbreaking. IMO the genius tag is being used too lightly, this kid might be able to do high-level math at a young age, but he needs to create a totally new and creative idea to explain a natural phenomenon which can be verified by experiments. Until then I would be vary of calling him a genius, gifted sure, but the genius title should be reserved to the very few who created a totally new idea in their head. I will be well impressed if this kid manages to reconcile quantum mechanics with relativity.

I also think string theories are just fancy mathematical acrobatics. What use is a theory that can't be tested.

I think you're being a bit stingy with your genius-calling. The kid is obviously exceptional. Not saying that guarantees he'll do anything new or useful with it in the future... and, yes, there is every possibility that he'll fade to obscurity as he grows older and other people begin to catch him up. He's doing rather well for the moment though!

Guest disparaissant

lol, seems like watmm would sponsor an "aspergers steel-cage deathmatch" between ulillillia and this kid...

this is a great idea

Archived