IGNORED

Reality Check

Joyrex

I would change the replacement HTML into:

<iframe id="ytplayer" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/$3" frameborder="0"/></iframe>

Should have no negative side effects and the HTML5 fallback will work. I think it will only work for new posts since IP.Board converts tags at post time afaik?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

So, are all these tedious links to fucking ads being embedded by Viglink going to be the norm around here now?

What a sad state of affairs.

More than likely he installed AdBlock Plus on your browser. Do you use Firefox or Chrome? I didn't realise what you guys were talking about until I tested WATMM on IE. Ads. Ads everywhere. Very malware looking.

AdBlock is the way to do it. If I run watmm on my iPad, then yeah, the ads are a bit much... I just try to ignore them...

Why am I getting a message that watmm needs Adobe Flash Player to be updated? It says it's blocked because it's out of date, and the message pops up every time I load a new page on watmm. Just curious which part of watmm uses flash, I guess.

So, are all these tedious links to fucking ads being embedded by Viglink going to be the norm around here now?

What a sad state of affairs.

Just something I'm trying - I've resisted doing so since VigLink came out with them, just to see if they increase revenues any, which so far, there isn't any noticeable difference. I'll go ahead and turn them off since I never really liked them much to begin with.

And no, there was no coincidence - VigLink happened to reach out to me about the feature, and I decided to give it a go. If it's as invasive as you say (I see nothing on Chrome with AdBlock installed), then I don't want that gordoing up the forum either.

In other good news, the long-awaited patch for the quotes problem is finally out (with many other bugfixes) which I'll be applying today.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, not so much about being invasive but I keep thinking WATMMers might have linked something cool only to see when hovering that it's actually a link to E-Bay or some other shit.

Yeah, not so much about being invasive but I keep thinking WATMMers might have linked something cool only to see when hovering that it's actually a link to E-Bay or some other shit.

aye, i first noticed it when iainc mentioned the river amazon in some thread and i thought he had linked some info to back up what he was talking about, so i followed it to you know where.

Guest Mirezzi

aye, i first noticed it when iainc mentioned the river amazon in some thread and i thought he had linked some info to back up what he was talking about, so i followed it to you know where.

...and what'd you buy, Mr. Keltoi? Do tell!

Like I said, the feature has been turned off, so you shouldn't see it anymore - it might take a few refreshes of your browser's cache to clear any script injections the feature used.

...and what'd you buy, Mr. Keltoi? Do tell!

NO THING.

Archived