IGNORED

new Atlas Shrugge movie has 0% on RT

lumpenprol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol why would you torture yourself with this? Shitty produced movie based on a book with a terrible philosophy as its core theme==not my idea of a good time. But knock yourselves out.

they should just make them all into 1 move, and the whole thing is just some dude reading allowed all the ayn rand books in a chair for hours (days i even bet) and its all a signle shot, he doesnt stop reading ever and not sleep either

they should just make them all into 1 move, and the whole thing is just some dude reading allowed all the ayn rand books in a chair for hours (days i even bet) and its all a signle shot, he doesnt stop reading ever and not sleep either

this is an amazing idea

A Russian immigrant repackaged a bastardized version of German philosophy, and it's become a paragon of American values.

i almost want to say Rand bastardized early Friedman, who is a much more enjoyable read, and argues similar points far, far better.

im not saying I agree with Friedman, but the way he poses the arguments are at least worth a read.

this is an amazing idea

but he can't read the books out loud

well, the trailer made it look like a 0% movie and I'm not going to waste my time with it, not even while drunk. It doesn't look like a fun bad movie (ie the room), it just looks boring as fuck.

Guest hahathhat

i've heard the name mentioned but i never actually gave enough of a shit to even read the wiki about this book. am bemused a movie now exists out of nowhere

Guest disparaissant
but how relevant is RT these days?

Justin Biebler has a red tomato ffs :wtf:

it's just an aggregator. apparently the bieber flick wasn't all that bad, for what it was.

the first good review comes from....

The New York Post!!!!

"Atlas Shrugged," a mega-fable that is to capitalists roughly what "To Kill a Mockingbird" is to liberals...

Ahahahaha I don't know if the guy realizes how incriminating that statement is.

Guest disparaissant
The subjects the film deals with are fascinating, important -- and almost completely ignored at the movies. Even "The Social Network," the most acclaimed business movie of last year, placed the building of one of the world's most valuable companies in the background of a personality dispute and some whining about club membership. "Atlas Shrugged" wants to start an argument with you, to force you to (in Rand's often-repeated words) "check your premises."

It would be easier to do no such thing, to laugh off the stilted dialogue and stern, unironic hectoring, so that's what most viewers will do.

Hahaha. "It's bad, but you have to ignore that and focus on the message! IF YOU DON'T YOU ARE A SAP!"

:facepalm:

if people are supposed to be educated by movies, then :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

just go watch a friedman lecture or something.

god damn ayn rand is fucking annoying.

I did read one of her essays i believ called "On the Virtues of Selfishness", and she brings up some really good views of selfishness (everything in human interaction is inherently selfish, the mother is selfish by having and protecting offspring in order to fulfill her biological urges, to protect the seed/lineage, people show compassion to win favor with each other and also to appease whatever religious deity they believe in), but selfishness isn't inherently evil....if a group of people all view the same goal out of selfishness, then that in of itself is "virtuous" and for the greater good.

I don't think its anything incredibly original though...pretty sure Nietzsche beat her to it a while ago...without all the capitalist claptrap.

:facepalm:

if people are supposed to be educated by movies, then :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

just go watch a friedman lecture or something.

god damn ayn rand is fucking annoying.

I did read one of her essays i believ called "On the Virtues of Selfishness", and she brings up some really good views of selfishness (everything in human interaction is inherently selfish, the mother is selfish by having and protecting offspring in order to fulfill her biological urges, to protect the seed/lineage, people show compassion to win favor with each other and also to appease whatever religious deity they believe in), but selfishness isn't inherently evil....if a group of people all view the same goal out of selfishness, then that in of itself is "virtuous" and for the greater good.

I don't think its anything incredibly original though...pretty sure Nietzsche beat her to it a while ago...without all the capitalist claptrap.

woah, i've been thinking about this very thing a lot recently coming to similar conclusion and wondering if someone wrote about it..will dig that essay up.

Archived