Guest tompty

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LIFE RIDES YOUR BONES

MS20 square wave with a modulated filter just like in Windolicker :rolleyes:

DX1 FFS :facepalm:

Sorry but you are wrong. It's a CS-80

It's actually the beat kangz beat thang.

81131994-unbeatable-beat.jpg

the beginning of this vid is some ambient'ish experimental unreleased stuff I think. Unless someone knows who it it

check out Heckers "Falsch" label

not on it but lots of similar things for sure.

Indeed, and you can download tracks on their website for free! :music:

Wow that Cité de la musique set is really awsome! looking for an MP3 or more of that set.

thanks for the mj link. I googled Falsch and found a site with rars of their discography. I couldn't find the lables site though

unfortunately I think that's because Falsch went bust or died or something?

still, google worked right? ;)

• 1 month later...

Imitator. Too obvious references, too flat. But still pretty cool.

These aren't nice to listen to

Imitator. Too obvious references, too flat. But still pretty cool.

i get the same feeling that it's just someone who is a big fan.

close, but not there yet.

heh .. just listened to the tracks listed then got up to do something and the last one was starting, ... danced through it, for the first time in years i actually danced. My fat arse is breathless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwm5Z7pRqus&feature=player_embedded

like to hear the rest of it.

oh, it's called rouse, i just noticed that. Clarian call for the ...

Garbage.

"Rouse" almost becomes the Metz track....but then completely doesn't. The GM kick and wood block are atrocious. Interesting but not RDJ. RDJ taking the piss--that's a distinct possibility

What the fuck watmm. I leave for the summer and y'all turned deaf.

So what do we have ?

• a mysterioyus youtube account

• a user whose name is jidomatrix

• most of the featured tracks are by jodey kendrick.

• Rouse sounds different from the other tracks (excluding the ambient track which is … well, situated beyond my ability to judge;

Here's the scheme : for some reason, JK posted a few vids of his own, + rouse which is obviously an aphex track. Why ?

Because of a bet ? "let's see if our fans can tell the difference"

because they're in conflict ? (jk says : fuck you aphexw twin, i'm gonna partially upload one of you track)

I don't know.

But I do know rouse is an aphex track for the mere fact that, contrary to all of the good tuss/afx fakes i heard in mi life (eg, Kink's daddy acid),

my heart doesn't have the slightest shadow of a doubt about the aphex-ness of this track. I mean it's so blatant. You can still say "weak gm kick, atrocious wood block" it doesn't explain how all the sounds converge and synergize each other. I mean listen to the last part, where the xylophone-ish sounds kicks in ; the way the acid line comes back, half relying on itself, half climbing on other sound patterns is just too characteristic of RDJ's music.

It sounds a bit amateur and laptop-ish. The only act that made me doubt is Steinvord. The tracks actually are full and have a perfect flow, plus it doesn't exactly sound like AFX, but it's still very good. It's easy to create a cool sounding section, but the real talent it's seen in how it's all put together in a 5+ minute track. Besides that, the sequencing it's dull at times, you can spot some blatant glitch vst use. The production is good but nothing special. Don't get me wrong, it's better than what most people have done on there (specially those criticizing it), but not AFX good.

Btw, any news on Steinvord? Grant said there will be a release.

Archived