IGNORED

Primus - Green Naugahyde

NI64

Primus_Green_Naugahyde.jpg

Green Naugahyde is the first Primus album to feature drummer Jay Lane alongside perennial bassist/vocalist Les Claypool and guitarist Larry LaLonde. Lane had previously been in the band for a brief period in 1988 with Claypool and original guitarist Todd Huth, and has been involved with a number of Claypool's side projects, such as The Holy Mackerel, The Les Claypool Frog Brigade, and Sausage, which was itself a reunion of the 1988 Primus lineup. Claypool has stated that "[Lane] coming back has just breathed life back into the project. We did some touring, and we decided, "Let's go make a record," because we were creating things on the road."

Claypool has consistently described the new material as being reminiscent of Frizzle Fry, Primus' 1990 debut studio album, due largely to Lane's involvement. "If I were to look at all of our records, it seems like this is reminiscent of the early stuff. Obviously, with Jay there’s a newness to it, but because he left the band right before we recorded our first record, his approach has an eerie harkening to the old Frizzle Fry days.” "[it's] almost like Frizzle Fry-era Primus. But we also go off into some dark, moody stuff, and there are a lot of textures to it." "Jay Lane was the guy that wrote most of those drums parts on those early records. Having his view and vibe back into it and having Ler (LaLonde) bringing a lot of stuff to the table this time, there’s definitely a lot of continuity to the record."

Track Listing:

1. Prelude to a Crawl

2. Hennepin Crawler

3. Last Salmon Man

4. Eternal Consumption Engine

5. Tragedy's a' Comin'

6. Eyes of the Squirrel

7. Jilly's on Smack

8. Lee Van Cleef

9. Moron TV

10. Green Ranger

11. HOINFODAMAN

12. Extinction Burst

13. Salmon Men

14. Niggaz Get Fre$h

Come on, where are all my Primus fans at?! You know this is gonna kick ass.

14. Niggaz Get Fre$h

wat?

but yea, this is awesome news. i wish it had tim alexander on it but, oh well, im sure this will be sweet.

Herb will always be my favorite Primus drummer (and one of my all time favorite drummers in general) but I can't wait to hear how Jay's style meshes with the Les and Lar of today. I think only good can come if this. These guys are so creative and unique and I think collaborating with different players is what they need to keep things fresh and interesting (for themselves as much as for their fans)

Primus is one of those bands that I purchase albums from without needing to hear a single note before hand. Consider this one purchased.

Herb will always be my favorite Primus drummer (and one of my all time favorite drummers in general) but I can't wait to hear how Jay's style meshes with the Les and Lar of today. I think only good can come if this. These guys are so creative and unique and I think collaborating with different players is what they need to keep things fresh and interesting (for themselves as much as for their fans)

Primus is one of those bands that I purchase albums from without needing to hear a single note before hand. Consider this one purchased.

Also he did well in Sausage. They only had a couple good songs but he did well. Can't fucking wait. But i agree with all your Herb sentiments.

I used to be big into Primus but lost interest after Pork Soda. I've heard a few things since but I guess the novelty had worn off for me. If this will be anything like Frizzle Fry though, I need to check it out.

Guest maus

I used to be big into Primus but lost interest after Pork Soda. I've heard a few things since but I guess the novelty had worn off for me. If this will be anything like Frizzle Fry though, I need to check it out.

i was going to post exactly this, but you have already posted it.

Pork Soda was the album that got me into Primus when I was 11, so I'll always have a soft spot for it. The cover matches the music perfectly. I borrowed the cassette from a friend and I still have it today. Highly underrated album!

Tales from the Punchbowl was my last 'loved' primus album, i still like everything afterwards but it lost a little something (not to mention one of the worlds most amazing drummers)

but glad to see the 'original' drummer is returning, i love the Sausage album, anyone who hasn't heard it and likes Primus has to check it out

I didn't care for Brown Album when it came out, but listening back recently I realized it is indeed a classic. The drums sound fantastic on that album, like John Bonham resurrected. Love it.

FUCKING WICKED!!!!

I agree with whoever wrote that shiznit about Herb, but this will be mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmGOOD!

• 1 month later...