IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i might just put it a bowl and lick it up.

do they then put the genitals in a blender to make a dog spit and genitals pate? then bury it underground and eat it on their death bed served with maggots?

probably.

think we just came up with what you should do with the pate.

This morning my father got hit by some asshole running the light. He's ok (just a little sore) but he's vehicle was totaled. Weird, how the older I get the more I worry about my parents like I'm the adult and they're the child.

:sad:

glad he was in a vehicle... i was thinking otherwise at first.

i bought some paté... i dunno what has happened but i don't like paté anymore (maybe because i'm taking vitamins with iron etc in it, maybe a deficiency enhanced the eating experience before), it's like fucking cat food. certainly don't want to eat it on toast. can't afford fillet of beef for beef wellington, don't even want that anyway...

don't know any other uses for pate.

i'm considering doing some kind of peasant thing, like mixing it up with potatoes and cabbage, or something, like something you might do with corned beef...

any ideas though?

Some paté really goes to town in the having chicken liver in it thing. I prefer stuff that's more a meat terrine sans the liver paste ickness.

This morning my father got hit by some asshole running the light. He's ok (just a little sore) but he's vehicle was totaled. Weird, how the older I get the more I worry about my parents like I'm the adult and they're the child.

:sad:

while i totally understand that worrying about ones parents is something that really blossoms as you grow into adulthood (my mom has said for the past ten or fifteen years that she doesn't want to live any later than 70-something, and she's currently 63 :\), how are you not understanding that your father is obviously impenetrable to cars now?

Unbreakable-sh_2.jpg

my ex-girlfriend's dad was hit by a SUV whilst on his bike. he was seemingly OK but he died of a related heart-attack a few weeks later (sorry for serious). so be glad about your Dad being in car.

tbh i'm constantly surprised that my dad is still alive. maybe the key to immortality is broken ribs,..

Edited by tauboo

That's exactly the sort of thing that worries me too. I had to convince him to go to a doctor to make sure he's okay. He's the type that wouldn't go to a hospital unless he's got a open wound.

Back on topic:

I have a hankering (and the fixins) for pancakes but no goddamn syrup.

He's the type that wouldn't go to a hospital unless he's got a open wound.

lol. my dad was having a heart attack (albeit a mild one) on the golf course with his mates so he excused himself and drove 30 miles to the hospital whilst struggling for breath and almost passing out. he didn't want to ruin their game!

I have a hankering (and the fixins) for pancakes but no goddamn syrup.

Potential solution - a nice berry preserve. Alternatively, send one of the help to buy some syrup?

Guest ruiagnelo

He's the type that wouldn't go to a hospital unless he's got a open wound.

lol. my dad was having a heart attack (albeit a mild one) on the golf course with his mates so he excused himself and drove 30 miles to the hospital whilst struggling for breath and almost passing out. he didn't want to ruin their game!

if it had been different it would make for a great post in this thread:

mate here is having a heart attack and won't let us play golf

Guest theSun

i have the funds for burgers. i have a boss that will let me go get burgers. burgers are being made 200 yards away from where i sit.

i'm so hungry that i'm a little nauseous. not sure if i should go get a burger.

I want to go see Def FX and Insurge tonight but it seems none of my friends are interested in Australian 90s light industrial band revival gigs anymore.

..and i hate going to gigs by myself!

Edited by modey

pomegranate juice + vodka tastes like really bad, cheap tomato juice

or an even worse bloody mary...

edit: btw i put pate in a sandwich with a load of other stuff, and yeah, it was fine

Edited by tauboo

Guest Enter a new display name

That's exactly the sort of thing that worries me too. I had to convince him to go to a doctor to make sure he's okay. He's the type that wouldn't go to a hospital unless he's got a open wound.

Considering he lives in the country with the least accessible health system in the world, I understand him.

I'm going to a fair where the primary attraction is the rides with someone who gets motion sick really easily and won't go on rides. It's okay though, because I'll still enjoy the irony (even if it's not technically irony since it'll be exactly what I expect). My new FWP is that there isn't a word for that version of irony that everyone tosses around that isn't actually irony. It's so common there should really be a word for it, or some catchy phrase... or an umlaut over the o. Can we make that a thing? The iröny of that would be that the pronunciation would remian the same.

Guest EleminoP

Drank until 8AM last night and slept 3 hours then had a bunch of relatives visit and cannot figure out how to make my brain nap. Laying for an hour with eyes closed tired as fuck and not falling asleep sucks. Usually meditation works for me in these situations but my brain doesn't like that when hung over.

I just got my first ever pair of corrective eyeglasses, and although I can see a lot better now, I'm not sure if I need to modify the standard configuration of my facial expressions so as not to look douchey, because i just feel like I'm doing this all the time

41575_49312666215_4837144_n.jpg

Edited by baph

IS it one of those promotions where they give you more work? Maybe accounts didn't get the memo from HR. If you're one pay in already i'd say something as the only reason you go to work is cause they pay you to be there. Pay is a basic work thing (sorry brain shutting down).

I got really sick yesterday after getting together with family to honour my gram (she passed away Tuesday).

Being sick, I ended up taking medicine. Apparently it was too much and the dxm kept me up all night in a sweat.

Too much medicine = first world problem...?

Guest Sprigg

IS it one of those promotions where they give you more work? Maybe accounts didn't get the memo from HR. If you're one pay in already i'd say something as the only reason you go to work is cause they pay you to be there. Pay is a basic work thing (sorry brain shutting down).

It's just moving to a different area of the store (I was a cashier at walmart, now I'm at the money center which is basically a money order/ check cashing thing). Theoretically I'll get more hours because there's only a few people in that area, but it's nothing guaranteed... I finally got it taken care of, but I had to hound my managers every time I saw them.

Current first world problem: I won't have the money to pay the sales tax on my car this paycheck and my temporary tags expire three days before I get paid again, which means I'll be driving an unlicensed vehicle for a few days.

After two weeks on strike it looks like I have to go back to work tomorrow. FML

Current first world problem: I won't have the money to pay the sales tax on my car this paycheck and my temporary tags expire three days before I get paid again, which means I'll be driving an unlicensed vehicle for a few days.

I drove my '88 Honda Accord around for close to two years like this. It was so old and had so many things wrong with it I knew it would never pass an inspection. The only thing is long after I got rid of that car, I still occasionally drive like I'm avoiding the police. I know all the back routes to get to places. I drove like that for so long sometimes I have to tell myself, "relax, there's nothing wrong with your car now and they can't ticket you for anything".