IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I lost my beaten up Sony 700 headphones, which despite being beaten-up are still great phones.

They turned up at the theatre. I had called them about it earlier and they said there was no record of it in lost and found. But then they found it a day later. Funny thing is, when they called me to tell me it had turned up, the thing that turned up was someone else's backpack. I was like "oh that's not what I lost... I lost headphones in a shopping bag," and my heart sank back into despair after that moment of false hope. Then they were like "oh hey, that's here too!" Ha.

Were you drunk?

Drunk on absentmindedness!

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I went to the theatre to pick up my headphones that were supposedly found, but all they had for me was someone else's shitty goddamn ear buds. *throws a fucking chair*

Please sir, what is a fucking chair? is it one built for the act of procreation?

I went to the theatre to pick up my headphones that were supposedly found, but all they had for me was someone else's shitty goddamn ear buds. *throws a fucking chair*

Please sir, what is a fucking chair? is it one built for the act of procreation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvepP_5RRWs

My watch leaves a slightly less tan part on my wrist.

I was just complaining about this the other day! aaaargh!

if you guys have leather wrist straps, try smelling your wrists after wearing your watch for a few hours.

you'll be like this

monkey-smells-finger-o.gif

I went to the supermarket to get some ingredients for lasagne. Came home and tried the cheddar and it tastes a bit wrong. So i went out again to a different supermarket because it was past nine when the usual ones are closed, got my cheddar then return. I turn on the TV, press escape to remove the finished Snowden interview from full screen. Then move the wireless mouse to close the window. No mouse cursor, the batteries are dead !! Now need AA batteries, i'm not fucking going out again. So i have plugged in a wired mouse to the computer. This is crap. The mouse is over there and the couch is over here and the kitchen bench is even further over there. bloody hell.

fwfp.

post script: picked up non working mouse to press the post button.

So you don't have a very good temporal sense so can't realise that it's probably about 15 minutes since you last looked at your phone. Plus in the time it takes to look down and move your wrist in front of you, you could have pulled out your phone.

Perhaps it's the temptation of flipboard or something that you are trying to stay away from by not putting your phone in front of your face. hah.

My watch leaves a slightly less tan part on my wrist.

I was just complaining about this the other day! aaaargh!

if you guys have leather wrist straps, try smelling your wrists after wearing your watch for a few hours.

you'll be like this

monkey-smells-finger-o.gif

I love that smell.

So you don't have a very good temporal sense so can't realise that it's probably about 15 minutes since you last looked at your phone. Plus in the time it takes to look down and move your wrist in front of you, you could have pulled out your phone.

Perhaps it's the temptation of flipboard or something that you are trying to stay away from by not putting your phone in front of your face. hah.

Nah, I just don't like taking my phone out of my pocket unless I really need to. Plus it's better to just casually glance at a watch while in a meeting rather than come across as being distracted by looking at a phone!

one time in high school my mom told me i should convince the government i'm mentally incompetent so i could get free disability money

and i said something like "mom that's illegal"

and she said "what, you don't honestly believe you're normal, do you?"

it was one of the more deflating conversations of my youth

posted first world problem on the first world achievements and successes :facepalm:

Went to the DMV to take the knowledge test, they needed my high school diploma (which i didnt have, left it at home) to complete that 6 id points thing, went back later with the diploma and they told me my ATM card wasn't valid because it didnt show my middle name, now i have to ask the bank to change the name in my ATM card (which will probably take 1-2 weeks)

i was so bummed out i took the 5 dollars i had left in my wallet and bought scratch offs, won 12 dollars, bought 12 dollars more of scratch offs, won another 12, then bought another 12 and won nothing.

Maybe i should be nicer to Limpyloo, negativity affects your luck mmm universe.

Edited by Deer

Nah, I just don't like taking my phone out of my pocket unless I really need to. Plus it's better to just casually glance at a watch while in a meeting rather than come across as being distracted by looking at a phone!

ahh i see, stealth, when do we gtfo of this shit. Heh, i just pull my phone out, everyone there knows that we want it over as soon as possible. I can imagine though that there could be some bosses that relish their moment to shine, and would take exception to someone appearing not to be dazzled and in awe of their moment in orbit around this egocentric fantasist.

ahh i see, stealth, when do we gtfo of this shit. Heh, i just pull my phone out, everyone there knows that we want it over as soon as possible. I can imagine though that there could be some bosses that relish their moment to shine, and would take exception to someone appearing not to be dazzled and in awe of their moment in orbit around this egocentric fantasist.

well that's not really fair lol.

I have anxiety issues and don't particularly like being the center of attention when I'm running a meeting. To have someone messing with their phone is disrespectful and distracting and adds to the anxiety.

you anti corporate meddlesome troublemaking employee you.

I'm gonna write you up for Performance (Below Standard).

:diablo:

Looking at the time on your phone because you don't have a watch is not messing with your phone. If you have anxiety issues think what issues your employee has when they are reprimanded for checking what the time was. Of course playing the poor me card is par for the course for those in positions of power, it absolves some responsibility by deflecting blame onto the oppressed.

Looking at the time on your phone because you don't have a watch is not messing with your phone. If you have anxiety issues think what issues your employee has when they are reprimanded for checking what the time was. Of course playing the poor me card is par for the course for those in positions of power, it absolves some responsibility by deflecting blame onto the oppressed.

Why do you need a phone to check the time if you're in a scheduled meeting? You know, those ones that are held at a specific time? So you should know what time it is already?

Also, flol "deflecting blame onto the oppressed"?

Managers run businesses not slave operations (generally). Way to be over dramatic. People constantly checking their phone is annoying and disruptive to both the speaker and listeners.

What Modey was doing is simply the respectful thing to do (in just using his watch).

Better yet, use that big thing on the wall called a clock and don't disturb anyone.

Edited by StephenG