IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

It's really tough being with someone with a shitty self-image. You tell them they're wonderful and they don't trust you. I'm kind of like that right now actually but I try not to be an ass about it. My girlfriend is incredibly rational and patient.

If she's not willing to commit to get better then I think you've tried your best. Good luck sir.

Ass sweat.

Maybe some of that is the added few pound ive put on, but goddamn I wonder what people think of me when they see me leaving.

It's a gym, so you can rest assured that at least one creepy guy masturbated in the locker room thinking about your musky ass moisture.

Edited by baph

yeah sweating in a gym, who'd have thought it. It's when you sit down for a meal in a restaurant and when you're done eating, on getting up to leave you note that there's an obvious moist patch from unescaped humidity where you were sitting, that you can feel that dignity has truly abandoned you.

I should go back to sleep so that i can wake up in time to go the supermarket, but instead i'm watching nature docos. "uu look at the dolphins, "oh they're an odd animal pairing. (actually the second one hasn't come down yet, not enough seeds/too many peers, fwp

Yeah, you can't reward that shit. I assume you've talked to her about it?

Yeah, and at this point, it's on her. I've come to the point where I have told her 'I cannot love you FOR you, you have to love yourself first and foremost'

I'm a pretty stable person and I feel lately that it's starting to effect me as a person how much insecurities I have to reinforce/convince otherwise with her. It's all about her lately, and if she's not happy, I'm either being an ass by not consoling, or becoming depressed with taking on someone elses' problems.

Not that it's my business, but it kinda sounds like a codependent relationship at this point. I'd say it's ultimately her job to find happiness, and it's not your sole responsibility to make her happy. She's gotta learn to pull her own weight. If you gotta abandon a sinking ship, then by all means do so.

It's really tough being with someone with a shitty self-image. You tell them they're wonderful and they don't trust you. I'm kind of like that right now actually but I try not to be an ass about it. My girlfriend is incredibly rational and patient.

If she's not willing to commit to get better then I think you've tried your best. Good luck sir.

Good points. What I've noticed is that as long as she ( both of you) are willing to be in a (sincere) dialogue about it, a relationship is possible. Even if the behavior doesn't change immediately. Change is hard. Reflection and a respect for eachothers reality is key, imo.

I've tried the relationship thing with a girl who basically had accepted not being able to talk about her feelings and that stuff was just devastating. Especially because I liked and cared for her very much. But every time something was wrong (still dont know), she hid herself under some proverbial rock and even a basic form of dialogue was impossible. ...which made me worrying even more, and trying harder to establish some kind of connection. ..which had the opposite result.

For her it was probably more about not knowing how to deal with all her emotions, but to me, my gut feeling about her not communicating was that she wasnt interested. I mean, that's the usual response, right? If she isnt interested, there's not going to be much communication. So, with that, it also became a trust issue from my side. That shit just didnt work. No matter how hard i tried. No communication is no intimacy. And no relationship.

This has been the last two weeks of my life:

quit my job (which was stable and the pay was okay) because i got offered another job that pays double of what i was doing (and on the promise that this is long term blah blah blah)

i worked on the new job for two weeks (weekly paycheck was of 700 dollars!!!!)

on Friday the manager of the new job tells me that he wont be able to give me work because he needs someone with a license (which i dont have), then he hires someone to replace me (someone who i was training for the last two day lol!!!)

now im jobless, stressed out and i had to do the most humiliating thing i've ever done .. ask for my old job back.

the future is so fucking uncertain right now that i cant every fucking enjoy anything

Edited by Deer

Sorry to hear that, Deer.

It seems like the higher-paying jobs are also less stable and less certain. My paychecks provide me just enough scratch to get by most of the time, but on the same token I've been able to hold my job for over seven years.

Anyway, hope you're able to start raking in cash again soon, even if it is from your old job.

good luck deer, sorry to hear that happened - power through it and try to get back on your feet.

my fwps:

1) my job didn't pay me for my last contracted pay period, which should have gone through direct deposit earlier this week but now i'm out $500, at least unless i can get that straightened out (my contract is over now).

2) fucking java keeps updating and ruining my ability to load some dumbass physics applet on my homework, making it impossible to even load the homework page! fuck you java, that's two updates since I got this assignment and each one has made it worse!

Edited by luke viia

My home wireless N network didn't have sufficient bandwidth to play back my HD screener of Gravity without slight stuttering on the framerate from my MBP to my Apple TV :emotawesomepm9:

are you using beamer or are you just fullscreening it and doing airplay?

Fullscreen with VLC and AirPlay - you would think streaming from iTunes to AppleTV == Fullscreen with AirPlay, but apparently not.

Running CAT5e this weekend most likely. Gonna be fun! (thankfully the attic will be cool enough to work in versus in a few months from now)

Also: Ended up converting the MKV file to AppleTV format with Handbrake, so if I ever watch it again, no worries.

Guest disparaissant
My home wireless N network didn't have sufficient bandwidth to play back my HD screener of Gravity without slight stuttering on the framerate from my MBP to my Apple TV :emotawesomepm9:

are you using beamer or are you just fullscreening it and doing airplay?

Fullscreen with VLC and AirPlay - you would think streaming from iTunes to AppleTV == Fullscreen with AirPlay, but apparently not.

Running CAT5e this weekend most likely. Gonna be fun! (thankfully the attic will be cool enough to work in versus in a few months from now)

Also: Ended up converting the MKV file to AppleTV format with Handbrake, so if I ever watch it again, no worries.

I would highly recommend checking out Beamer. it transcodes and streams whatever you're watching to yr appletv and you can control it with the remote. super nice. and a lot less stuttery than full screen airplay.

Guest disparaissant

my fwp:

got my financial aid check today (yay!) and headed out to the apple store for my appointment to get my fucking macbook fixed. turns out the part i need is backordered. until february 14th. the guy i called at the store beforehand REFUSED to tell me whether or not the part was in stock, so i wasted a 40 minute drive just to be told to come back in a month. not too happy with apple right now!

I listened to the first few songs from The Cure - Wild Moon Swings, and it was horrible. Did it in front of my girlfriend too --so embarrassing. :facepalm: She even said "this fucking sucks," and I couldn't really say anything to the contrary. So dumped.

No, it's '96. But I made a typo -it's "wild mood swings". Wild Moon Swings would be a much better album title. Still wouldn't've saved it. Their self-titled 2004 album was quite good though, provided I didn't suffer a complete lapse of good judgement during my last listening (it was a few months ago).

oh yeah, that album. I've forgotten most of their 90s stuff. I liked Bloodflowers, their last great album imo. didn't like the 2004 self-titled. *sigh* it's kind of painful to think about, they were my favourite band for a time in my life and I had a bit of a mancrush on Robert. he used to be a good-looking dude

Robert-smith-cure-miyako-np.jpg

and now he looks like the bloated spider-thing he sang about in Lullaby. can't keep doing the wild hair and smudged lipstick thing forever. wish he'd move on and do something totally new, musically at least.

dsc_0229.jpg

I've had the squits in the evening for the last few days. Didn't think about it much but have realised it's happening at the same time. Could it be because I'm drinking from a used water bottle I've had for a while?? It's the only thing I've used everyday??? Anyhow, I'm off to the pub shortly and it's coming up to the dreaded time. Oh dear...

Anyway, did I read correctly that baph is putting a ring on it? I'm gonna crash that shit with Ganz Graf, cause a fight and get that marriage off to a great start!

Yeah, we're getting married in Mexico in March.

Shit, that's close.

vomit.jpg