IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Not so much an ongoing problem but a both very annoying and somewhat funny thing that happened last Thursday.

I went to Berlin with a friend last week for Eddie Izzard's show (which was hilarious!), but BEFORE the show, something incredibly enraging happened:

This was at the "Imperial Club", some nice-ish rather small bar/club type location in the basement of another club, your typical stand-up-comedy setting. Before the show, there was some music playing in the background, colored lights on, a bar, people talking. Me and my two friends got there about 45 minutes early, took seats in row 6-or-so, as the front was already taken. And I began to tell them a funny story while we waited, some rubbish about those old Cam-Rip SVCD bootlegs of popular films where you get people's silhouettes in the foreground - it was rubbish, really, but I told it in such a way that my friends were listening eagerly throughout, laughing. Right before I got to the actual conclusion of my story - the guy in the row before us - mid-20s, blond, possibly dyed, with an undercut, button-down shirt and a semi-transparent purple neckerchief - turned around and said:

"EXCUSE ME COULD YOU PLEASE NOT TALK SO LOUDLY, ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND DIDN'T COME HERE TO LISTEN TO SOMEBODY TELL RANDOM STORIES ABOUT SOMETHING!"

He kind of looked like this:

N6tL1Le.jpg

:fear:

Me and my friends just kind of stared at him with the exact same expression, a bit like this:

eyes_wide_open_man_crop_1024x1016.jpg

... for about 10 seconds. I was both furious that he had ruined my punchline and amazed at the same time, especially amazed regarding the irony that someone said they "didn't come here to listen to random stories" at an EDDIE IZZARD SHOW.

When I caught my breath, the first thing I said to him, holding my ticket, was "Ohh .... I'm sorry ... mine says >comedy<, what does yours say?" - to which his girlfriend - anorexic blondie with high voice and tiny nose - replied: "You were being very loud, he is right! Please don't be so loud!"

Like I said, EVERYONE was talking, this was half an hour before the show, music on, and I wasn't even being loud in the first place! These guys wouldn't even have been able to hear me, had they been sitting a single row further to the front. I was kind of lost for words at this point, so I said "What is this, what's with this situation and people like you, I gotta get outta here - " and went outside with my friends who were both laughing furiously at this point, but I was still quiet in disbelief.

We returned to the same seats later to watch the show, I couldn't help but stare at the odd couple throughout. They were only laughing at the jokes that were somewhat-funny and remained quiet at the ones that had everyone freaking out. At one point, Izzard made a Monty Python reference, leading to them looking at each other and shrugging shoulders. The dude's laugh sounded a bit like that Austin Powers Supervillain in the beginning ("A-haaa .... a-haadeli-haaa!"), later it morphed into this chimp-like inhaling-noise as he was trying to catch his breath. His girl's laugh was a kind of inwards body-spasm accompanied by a short "Tchiihi." and a hand before her mouth every time, like she was apologizing for laughing or existing or both. I wasn't exactly sober anymore at this point (I had been throughout my "confrontation" with them though!), and I knew I was kind of ruining the show for myself by paying so much attention to these two people instead of just watching the damn show, but I had developed this thought in my head that I wanted to help them, and I got obsessed with the idea that I needed to give the dude the "advice" that they could get rid of all their problems if the dude would "fuck his girl up her ass just once" - I ended up not telling them though. Probably for the better. Might have ended in a fight or an extremely awkward threesome. /WATMM night out.

i lost my phone looooooooooooooooool :(

Damn!!! Just lost it or were you drunk? lol

fwp. my dad is in the hospital again. sounds like acute kidney kidney failure.... I will find out in about an hour but it's very serious =(

thanks =(

I guess it's worse than I thought. I talked to a nurse last night and I guess when he arrived at the hospital he was already septic (multiple organ failure)... he has had a round of dialysis but his kidneys aren't functioning on their own yet.... lungs either... he's on multiple medicines just to keep his blood pressure up... induced coma for now...

ketoacidosis is what caused all this

wow

good luck, stephen.

what are the expectations at this point? did the doctors give any?

thanks...

just got off the phone with the nurses and they've recommended that anyone that needs to see him should come see him today...

It's hard because that's almost 2000 miles from me

There's a moth on my Tv and i'm too lazy to get off the couch to move it. It's sitting right where the 'c' should be in couch in this post box, i hope i didn't typo, how can i know, stupid moth, piss oth out of the way, don't make me get up for heavens sake.

/furiously moves the cursor around underneath where it's sitting in vain hope that the digital can somehow influence the corporeal. GAH !!

had to downgrade from a 64gb ipod to a 16gb one and now i have to choose which songs go in and which songs go out (i was able to fit my entire library on the 64gb)

this world is soo cruel why me

Edited by Deer

had to downgrade from a 64gb ipod to a 16gb one and now i have to choose which songs go in and which songs go out (i was able to fit my entire library on the 64gb)

this world is soo cruel why me

welcome to the real world