IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Guest ex-voto

Fuck, now my other first world problem came to my attention again... Must dance... Model 500... Paradiso... Help me!

Guest disparaissant

i was at work and this girl was wearing a kuffiyeh and i was like hey nice kuffiyeh and she was like oh tha- wait what did you call it? and i said kuffiyeh! and she was like whats a kuffiyeh? and i was like the scarf thing you’re wearing is called a kuffiyeh and she was like why is it a kuffiyeh and i was like because it is called a kuffiyeh and she was like but why and i was like because its palestinian and thats what they call it and she was like oh i just call it a scarf i got it because its cute.

sigh.

Guest disparaissant

nah man this was a proper arafat style kuffiyeh, black and white with the same pattern and all. totally a symbol of palestinian solidarity. people get in trouble over wearing them like that lol.

like honestly i thought she was making a statement, she seemed to be wearing it with purpose.

Edited by disparaissant

Guest disparaissant

in madison, wi?

nah i havent lived in madison in years! i live in a super conservative county now actually, which is why i was kind of surprised.

I guess that perception holds true in the States. wasn't there some uproar about a woman wearing one of those in a coffee ad or something?

i dunno about that, but urban outfitters got a bunch of flak for selling palestinian style kuffiyehs.

also, it's not just american, i recall some spanish politician getting in a boatload of trouble for accepting one as a gift.

Guest disparaissant

oh and i guess the first world problem involved is that i would totally wear a kuffiyeh but now i'd just look like a copycat.

Someone put a document through the office photocopier that still had wet tip ex all over it, and now everything has great streaky lines through it when copied.

I mean, come on.

Clean the glass?

Clean the glass?

Its not on the glass, the document went through the roller feed and its all over the rollers. Its better now, i managed to scrap some of it off with a paperclip. First world solution!

Someone put a document through the office photocopier that still had wet tip ex all over it, and now everything has great streaky lines through it when copied.

I mean, come on.

wet tip ex is a pretteh good afex song but why wud yu put it in a copier

Edited by baph

Guest disparaissant

i am being steamrolled by a cold virus. absolutely steamrolled. i haven't been sick in like 2 years. it is turning me into a very not-pleasant person to deal with.

i am being steamrolled by a cold virus. absolutely steamrolled. i haven't been sick in like 2 years. it is turning me into a very not-pleasant person to deal with.

I hope you don't have what I had last week. Watch out for the bronchitis aftermath, if so. There's some kind of super cold sweeping the country and opening up secondary respiratory infections in its hapless victims.

If you start coughing up really gross stuff, see a doc and get some antibiotics fast.

Sorry :(

Edited by baph

Guest disparaissant

yeah nearly everyone i have known has gotten bronchitis

i'm kind of banking on my immune system to stop me from ending up with it. my immune system is fucking great.

Guest disparaissant

dude look at me im typing in weird tenses my brain is just numb

god i love rum. perfect for when yr sick.

la dee doo dee da

lol, godspeed

i'm kind of banking on my immune system to stop me from ending up with it. my immune system is fucking great.

av-7552.gif

Edited by baph

Guest Sprigg

I hope you don't have what I had last week. Watch out for the bronchitis aftermath, if so. There's some kind of super cold sweeping the country and opening up secondary respiratory infections in its hapless victims.

If you start coughing up really gross stuff, see a doc and get some antibiotics fast.

Sorry :(

Fuck that shit, I had it for weeks.

Guest disparaissant

oh god i REALLY hope i dont get it, im going to see my girlfriend over spring break in a week, if i am sick the whole time i am going to be pretty goddamn miserable. its been FIVE MONTHS dont FUCK WITH ME, UNIVERSE.