IGNORED

SFPD shoot and kill unarmed 19 yr old

vertsk8er419

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sad: fucking christ thats terrible.. the video was so hard to watch, the police just standing guard over the alive/suffering boy

sf and oakland pd seem very trigger happy.. I have heard of multiple police shootings at BART stations in recent years

A gun flew out of Harding's hand some 15 feet after he was shot, Sainez said. Police retrieved a firearm later thanks to cell phone video taken after the shooting was posted online showing a man wearing a gray-striped hooded sweat shirt picking it up and running off with it.

timpedersen 1 hour ago 7

If this is true, then ..well. I don't know. It changes it quite a bit.

But these are just youtube comments. Will have to wait for a more legitimate confirmation.

He would have had a gun, but that doesn't mean that after it's gone they can't treat the wounded. We'll see but, cause otherwise this goes beyond monumental fuckup and into the realm of murder.

Guest Al Hounos

That was incredibly disturbing. As others have said, it's all hearsay right now but it is clear from the video that the cops stood around as the kid lay bleeding to death on the sidewalk. That's horrifying.

However, it's also infuriating to see that this is already being used as an opportunity for racists to point fingers at 'the white man'. Fuck them. There's clearly at least one black cop and one hispanic cop in the video.

man, I just read the article you linked to at the start of the thread. L-O-L...didn't take much to remind me of the stench of ghetto indignation...

Sister Halimah Allah writes from Los Angeles on July 18: “As I watch another Black man – shot down in the street like a mad dog by occupation forces paid for by our tax dollars and 456 years of dehumanization – I read accounts of the incident and wonder: What is this young man’s name? Who are his people: family, friends etc.? Does he have a mother? Does she know her son is dead? (Peace be upon him.) I’m the mother of four Black men! I’m grandma to nine grandsons. I’m great-grandma to one. I’ve seen this scene too many times in my 70 years! I wonder: WHO WILL MOURN for this young Black Man? WHO WILL MOURN for all those yet to fall at the hands of our ever-open enemies? Who will mourn for us all?”

Yes hallelujah thank you for raising such a proud dead Black gangbanger. Great jorb.

do these cops know some basic first aid skills ? do they have to know ? if not then there's nothing to discuss here really. i'd never start messing around with a wounded man if i didn't know what i was doing. i would call the ambulance service and ask them to guide me though..

do these cops know some basic first aid skills ? do they have to know ? if not then there's nothing to discuss here really. i'd never start messing around with a wounded man if i didn't know what i was doing. i would call the ambulance service and ask them to guide me though..

They're trained to, whether they give shit or not is the issue. I flipped on some shitty reality TV show called like "women cops of {insert shitty US town here}" and they tackled a guy who had some pot on him. He seemed sincerely fatigued and about to pass out, maybe had heart issues, etc. and they were sarcastically saying he was just whining for an ambulance. It was a bit disturbing they'd consider that ok to spotlight on a television show.

Anyone else disturbed by the fact that this looks similar to the killing of a teen by law enforcement in Pakistan? It was on watmm a month or two ago.

They're trained to, whether they give shit or not is the issue. I flipped on some shitty reality TV show called like "women cops of {insert shitty US town here}" and they tackled a guy who had some pot on him. He seemed sincerely fatigued and about to pass out, maybe had heart issues, etc. and they were sarcastically saying he was just whining for an ambulance. It was a bit disturbing they'd consider that ok to spotlight on a television show.

Anyone else disturbed by the fact that this looks similar to the killing of a teen by law enforcement in Pakistan? It was on watmm a month or two ago.

Guest theSun

first world problems man.

that is debatable.

yeah i'm always getting shot and left to bleed to death in the street

fml amirite

I've always thought of America as a third world country.

ffs did you even see my first world problems thread, come on

Didn't watch the video... don't need to see death.

But please do some research guys...

Suspect killed by San Francisco police was convicted pimp, Seattle cops say

By: Mike Aldax | Examiner Staff Writer | 07/18/11 1:57 PM

Kenneth Harding (Courtesy photo)

Kenneth Harding, the 19-year-old killed by San Francisco police in a shootout Saturday, was a convicted pimp accused of having a 13-year-old girl perform oral sex on him and later demanding the teen make him “ho’ money” in Seattle, court documents show.

Harding, a Seattle resident, was fatally shot by two cops in the Bayview district after he fired at them, according to San Francisco police. Harding had been detained for evading a Muni fare about 4:45 p.m. on the Muni platform near Third Street and Oakdale Avenue.

The suspect tried to make a run for it, and opened fire “indiscriminately” in the crowded Mendell Plaza, firing off multiple shots as the cops chased him, police said.

Harding was also the “person of interest” in a fatal quadruple shooting last week in South Seattle that killed 19-year-old Tanaya Gilbert, along with her unborn child.

He had only been released from a year prison stay in April after a conviction for first-degree promoting prostitution, San Francisco police said. His rap sheet also includes a robbery conviction.

The teen victim called police saying Harding stranded her on a Seattle street after trying to force her to prostitute on “the track” near Seattle Center. The victim, who had turned 14 by then, refused, police said.

Harding commanded her to charge $50 for oral sex and $100 for full sex, and gave her several condoms to use, according to the victim’s account to police. She told Harding “no, that she is not a whore,” the police report said.

He told her “she was either going to make “ho' money" and get a ride back or he was going to leave her there,” the report said. Harding ended up stranding her on a strange street, it said.

Police arrested Harding on Jan. 7 of last year after the victim led cops to his home.

“She said that was where she had oral sex with him on Feb. 6, 2009, when he was under home detention for armed robbery,” the police report said.

Harding’s death in San Francisco on Saturday has sparked outrage in the Bayview community. Protestors say police officers did not need to shoot and kill Harding, with some believing he was unarmed.

Witnesses to the shooting told police they saw a man pick up the suspect’s gun and run off with two other men, Police Chief Greg Suhr said.

Informants led police to what is believed to be the suspect’s .45-caliber handgun, which is now being tested, Suhr said.

Community leaders held a news conference Monday near the sight of the shooting. They are demanding that the FBI investigate the incident. They also want San Francisco District Attorney George Gascón to have nothing to do with the case, since he is The City’s former police chief.

“I don’t care if this kid was like the chainsaw massacre poster child,” activist Mesha Irizarry said. “You don’t die like a rabid dog with nobody helping you.”

Protestors accuse cops of doing nothing while the injured Harding lay dying in front of numerous witnesses.

Police planned a news conference on the matter at 2 p.m.

Both officers, at least one of whom was black, have been placed on administrative leave during an investigation by the department’s internal affairs, the District Attorney’s Office, the Office of Citizen Complaints and the homicide detail.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/crime/2011/07/suspect-killed-san-francisco-police-was-convicted-pimp-seattle-cops-say#ixzz1SZlhuQJD

As far as the police not helping with him after being shot... I don't know the whole story, or what a police officer is supposed to do. Apparently, there were a lot of people screaming at the cops, and crowding around, right? The cops were probably afraid that they'd be attacked by an angry mob, and were making sure no one was approaching to attack... if they leaned over to help, their guard is down. Just saying...

Anyways, my point is, he was not killed over $2 bus fare... cops piss me off too, and there is a lot of fucked up stuff in the bay area, with shootings etc... but this sounds pretty legit... guy opens fire in a crowd, so he is shot.

Didn't watch the video... don't need to see death.

But please do some research guys...

Suspect killed by San Francisco police was convicted pimp, Seattle cops say

By: Mike Aldax | Examiner Staff Writer | 07/18/11 1:57 PM

Kenneth Harding (Courtesy photo)

Kenneth Harding, the 19-year-old killed by San Francisco police in a shootout Saturday, was a convicted pimp accused of having a 13-year-old girl perform oral sex on him and later demanding the teen make him “ho’ money” in Seattle, court documents show.

Harding, a Seattle resident, was fatally shot by two cops in the Bayview district after he fired at them, according to San Francisco police. Harding had been detained for evading a Muni fare about 4:45 p.m. on the Muni platform near Third Street and Oakdale Avenue.

The suspect tried to make a run for it, and opened fire “indiscriminately” in the crowded Mendell Plaza, firing off multiple shots as the cops chased him, police said.

Harding was also the “person of interest” in a fatal quadruple shooting last week in South Seattle that killed 19-year-old Tanaya Gilbert, along with her unborn child.

He had only been released from a year prison stay in April after a conviction for first-degree promoting prostitution, San Francisco police said. His rap sheet also includes a robbery conviction.

The teen victim called police saying Harding stranded her on a Seattle street after trying to force her to prostitute on “the track” near Seattle Center. The victim, who had turned 14 by then, refused, police said.

Harding commanded her to charge $50 for oral sex and $100 for full sex, and gave her several condoms to use, according to the victim’s account to police. She told Harding “no, that she is not a whore,” the police report said.

He told her “she was either going to make “ho' money" and get a ride back or he was going to leave her there,” the report said. Harding ended up stranding her on a strange street, it said.

Police arrested Harding on Jan. 7 of last year after the victim led cops to his home.

“She said that was where she had oral sex with him on Feb. 6, 2009, when he was under home detention for armed robbery,” the police report said.

Harding’s death in San Francisco on Saturday has sparked outrage in the Bayview community. Protestors say police officers did not need to shoot and kill Harding, with some believing he was unarmed.

Witnesses to the shooting told police they saw a man pick up the suspect’s gun and run off with two other men, Police Chief Greg Suhr said.

Informants led police to what is believed to be the suspect’s .45-caliber handgun, which is now being tested, Suhr said.

Community leaders held a news conference Monday near the sight of the shooting. They are demanding that the FBI investigate the incident. They also want San Francisco District Attorney George Gascón to have nothing to do with the case, since he is The City’s former police chief.

“I don’t care if this kid was like the chainsaw massacre poster child,” activist Mesha Irizarry said. “You don’t die like a rabid dog with nobody helping you.”

Protestors accuse cops of doing nothing while the injured Harding lay dying in front of numerous witnesses.

Police planned a news conference on the matter at 2 p.m.

Both officers, at least one of whom was black, have been placed on administrative leave during an investigation by the department’s internal affairs, the District Attorney’s Office, the Office of Citizen Complaints and the homicide detail.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/crime/2011/07/suspect-killed-san-francisco-police-was-convicted-pimp-seattle-cops-say#ixzz1SZlhuQJD

As far as the police not helping with him after being shot... I don't know the whole story, or what a police officer is supposed to do. Apparently, there were a lot of people screaming at the cops, and crowding around, right? The cops were probably afraid that they'd be attacked by an angry mob, and were making sure no one was approaching to attack... if they leaned over to help, their guard is down. Just saying...

Anyways, my point is, he was not killed over $2 bus fare... cops piss me off too, and there is a lot of fucked up stuff in the bay area, with shootings etc... but this sounds pretty legit... guy opens fire in a crowd, so he is shot.

Yeah, Jesus, I should of fucking spent 5 seconds and read up on it. This isn't the BART shooting redux afterall :facepalm:

I live in China. The police do not carry guns, nor do any citizens. Coming from the SF bay area, it feels like fucking heaven.

in Heaven do they have censored internet?

edit: there have 2 much worse shootings in oakland after the Oscar Grant incident both involving a clearly mentally unstable man brandishing a knife. What i find hard to understand is if someone doesnt have a gun why are cops still trained to shoot to kill? Why can't they do an Arnold style shoot the legs to disable them but not kill them. Is it just too much liability for the police department? to leave someone wounded but not killed? im confused

I live in China. The police do not carry guns, nor do any citizens. Coming from the SF bay area, it feels like fucking heaven.

in Heaven do they have censored internet?

edit: there have 2 much worse shootings in oakland after the Oscar Grant incident both involving a clearly mentally unstable man brandishing a knife. What i find hard to understand is if someone doesnt have a gun why are cops still trained to shoot to kill? Why can't they do an Arnold style shoot the legs to disable them but not kill them. Is it just too much liability for the police department? to leave someone wounded but not killed? im confused

COPs have lots of nonlethal weapons for that scenario as well (tasers, bean bag guns, etc) that would probably be effective.

Guest rumbo

I just watched a clip on Liveleak where SFPD shoot a wheelchair bound man in the groin twice for brandishing a knife and a chunk of concrete. Apparently he earlier stabbed a cop in the shoulder.

Archived