IGNORED

if you had the chance to meet yourself from 1992

keltoi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rambo

Fuck, i would be giving myself advice for about 4 hours.

but would young-you listen? i sure as hell wouldn't have.

Yeah i definitely would because it was me!

And cigars.

I don't know if I would change anything. I kind of like my life. There are some shit parts to it, and there's always the lingering fear of what the future holds, but it's been mostly good, I think. Shit has worked out so far. I would probably just go back to try and get a peak at my 3rd grade teacher's boobs. They were fucking awesome.

Fucking great topic :emotawesomepm9:

I was 13 in 92. It was a damn fine year for me too... in hindsight. I was having a lot of fun back then. I was lucky with girls. Had a lot of crazy, trouble-making friends.

I think the young me and old me would definitely still get along.

I would tell myself to do everything virtually the same, with the exception of a few things...

- I'd prepare myself to start losing my hair at 19-20 (I was just starting to grow my hair long then). On a similar note, I would also let myself know that having long hair may enforce a strong metal-head identity, but it can also distance some hot chicks. I could have done more interesting stuff with my hair, had I the chance. Like this...

river.jpgRiverPhoenix1.jpg

I had long hair, short hair, white hair, black hair, blue hair and partially shaved hair, but I never had well-styled, fashionable movie star hair. I could find more examples. :cry:

- I would tell myself to have sex with a couple of girls I was afraid to have sex with. I was a virgin until I was 20 but had plenty of chances that I passed on. I was scared of sex for a long time when I was younger because my dad instilled fear of getting girls pregnant in me. I'd just tell myself to wear a rubber and pull out and everything would most likely be fine.

- I'd tell myself that I should have joined the freshman high-school wrestling team so that I could get a sports scholarship for college. I was a really good wrestler in middle school but didn't do it in high school because I didn't want to tarnish my metal-head image. Little did I know, in 5 years, jocks all over would be listening to metal. I think I was one of the last of a dying, now dead, breed, but I could have saved myself a lot of debt.

- I would have encouraged myself to sing. I was, and still am, too shy to sing in front of people. I think most people with successful musical careers (with the exception of about 99% of IDM artists) sing. I have good pitch. I was just fearful.

- I'd encourage myself to start listening to My Bloody Valentine, Fugazi and The Kinks sooner. I think I'd also tip myself off on AFX too (I found out about him when I was 15, in 94).

Otherwise, aside from a few lies I told and things I stole that I feel a tad guilty about now, I wouldn't change much else.

Advice to young kids out in WATMM-land... stay honest and kind. It serves you well in the long run.

Also, don't smoke too much weed. There are plenty of other activities you can find that can remove you from a less-than-ideal reality.

Guest disparaissant

i was turned 8 in december of 92

i dont really think there's anything i could have said to myself back then that would change a thing, pretty sheltered and mormon at that point, i'd just weird 7 year old me out.

i was turned 8 in december of 92

i dont really think there's anything i could have said to myself back then that would change a thing, pretty sheltered and mormon at that point, i'd just weird 7 year old me out.

i think i'm your age. i dunno either, perhaps tell myself of aphex twin

never look at goatse.cx

lol for real . . . of course, in 1992, we'd be all like "what is an internets?"

I'd tell myself to stop taking life so fucking seriously (though, if I met myself from five minutes ago, I'd probably say the same thing)

Dear 17-year-old Scones,

Listen to better music. You can still listen to Fugazi, in fact go see them live again. Buy SAW Vol. 1 when it comes out.

Eat better, get more sleep, stop being a prick so often.

In about a year you will see a Moog Prodigy in a window at a pawn shop in Medford, Oregon. Buy it.

Here's a list of stocks to buy.

Don't let people walk all over you.

osj8N.jpg

Signed, Old Scones.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

1. don't be a fraggin' idiot and break your arm in the summer of '96

2. don't be a fraggin' idiot and break your femur in the winter of '01

3. it sucks that all the girls currently avoid you because you look so damned young; you'll appreciate it when you're older :flower:

4. start playing the drums and ice hockey IMMEDIATELY

signed,

FutureDFE

Best time of my life is now, so I wouldn't want to screw it up by giving away all the answers. I am one of those people who has to learn the hard way.

It is tempting though . .

I was 4 in 1992 so I would show myself electronic music, especially rave because 1992 is the golden year of the rave. As my family and parents told me I was very smart, communicative and talkative kid so I wouldn't have problem with talk to myself. I think both we'd find it funny and amusing as well.

I would probably tell myself to not buy so many rap/hip hop cd's when i get a little older. I hardly listen to them anymore.

Also it's kind of funny that most of our advices to themselves, seems to be music related.

Archived