Rustie - Glass Swords

jhonny

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New track taken off the album on soundcloud :

http://soundcloud.com/rustie/rustie-flash-back

bahahahaha Seinfeld bass, that commenter totally called it

I wanted to get into this stuff but just can't. I eventually started skipping ahead through the track and it never changes. :-/

Guest analogue wings

Tracks that don't constantly change and evolve over their duration are actually the norm. Especially when they're only 3 minute tracks. It ain't the '90s anymore :flower:

This album is the standout album of the year for me. I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do, and definitely didn't expect it to be on constant rotation. Hover Tracks makes me so happy, and City Star is a beast. It blends so many genres, in such a good way. Vinyl preorder in, can't wait till it arrives. I am surprised to see this release on page 3!

I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do

Yep me neither. It is really really fun... cheesy as hell, but I like it. Like 80rock gone really mad :crazy:

Rustie-007.jpg

He's 28 WTF!?!?!?!?!

I hate him slightly less now...

What does age or what he looks like have to do with his music?

I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do

Yep me neither. It is really really fun... cheesy as hell, but I like it. Like 80rock gone really mad :crazy:

It is cheesy at times, but the more you listen the more intricate you notice it is. Massive production!

That we feel more or less left behind... all these producers "breaking through" with 19 or somewhat years really make me depressed, cause I always hoped I would be the one. And I'm only 23 and kind of old in contrast to them. But yeah you're right - actually it doesn't has to do anything with the music.

Could someone confirm his age just for the hack of it?

Guest analogue wings

Rustie-007.jpg

He's 28 WTF!?!?!?!?!

I hate him slightly less now...

If someone is young and talented, everyone over 25 is obligated to hate on them. Durr.

Guest bitroast

Hudson who?

*u*

this album is really rather satisfying (especially so after Hudon Mohawke's latest EP which didn't click with me at all)

That we feel more or less left behind... all these producers "breaking through" with 19 or somewhat years really make me depressed, cause I always hoped I would be the one. And I'm only 23 and kind of old in contrast to them. But yeah you're right - actually it doesn't has to do anything with the music.

I think both Rustie and HudMo came through when they were young, and they were signed to Warp in 2007 I think, and so they got tagged as being the new young things on a label full of crusties from the late 80s :emotawesomepm9: . Since being signed they've kept the quality control reasonably high, HudMo has put out some remix work, 2 EPs and 1 LP, Rustie has done 1 EP and 1 LP on Warp, so they've taken their time.

I think HudMo actually said that when he got his Warp advance that he spent about a year getting his studio together. They've both toured pretty hard too.

Anyway, I guess that's probably why their still seen as the young upstarts.

Guest Mookid

got my album today together with the mix cd.. going through the album right now and so far it sounds very promising!! :D

I think both Rustie and HudMo came through when they were young, and they were signed to Warp in 2007 I think, and so they got tagged as being the new young things on a label full of crusties from the late 80s :emotawesomepm9: . Since being signed they've kept the quality control reasonably high, HudMo has put out some remix work, 2 EPs and 1 LP, Rustie has done 1 EP and 1 LP on Warp, so they've taken their time.

I think HudMo actually said that when he got his Warp advance that he spent about a year getting his studio together. They've both toured pretty hard too.

Anyway, I guess that's probably why their still seen as the young upstarts.

machine drum was young starting off too

Haven't listened to this album yet (I'm waiting because I'm working on some stuff that is in danger of being contaminated with Rustie's influence), but Pigster brought this to my attention on facebook:

edit: ah can't seem to embed this image for some reason, here's a youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC76FMoEkUU

Not so much the music, but the cover is pretty similar!

Archived