IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

OneohtrixPointNever_1.jpg

Synth-drift maestro Oneohtrix Point Never will release a brand new studio album on November 5.

Entitled Replica, it’s the follow-up to 2010′s Returnal, and will be released on Software, the Mexican Summer sub-label curated by Oneohtrix, real name Dan Lopatin, and Joel Ford.

A press release describes the album, which was recorded in Mexican Summer’s studio, as “an electronic song cycle based around lo-fi audio procured from television advertisement compilations”. The cover art is pictured above.

Tracklist:

1. Andro

2. Sleep Dealer

3. Power of Persuasion

4. Remember

5. Replica

6. Nassau

7. Submersible

8. Up

9. Child Soldier

10. Explain

source: http://www.factmag.com/2011/08/17/oneohtrix-point-never-announces-new-album/

o ok i didnt see that u musta snuck it in after my post

nuh-huh (how on earth do you spell that ?!) - Otherwise it would have an 'Edited by ######, date/time' stamp innit ....

But anyway, if Mr. Lopatin can fit his nigh-on perfect 80s vibe of his Games alias into the dark sounds of his Oneohtrix Point Never alias then it's sure to be one hell of an album.

It looks a bit like the Demdike Stare cover art. Well anyway, very excited, although this might by more similar to his sampling stuff than his actual composing (whatever) stuff, which I adore a lot more.

Yeah the word composing is actually a bit wrong I guess, but to make things clear, I like this stuff more than the sampling stuff. Although he is really freaking great with sampling.