IGNORED

Okkakekko

Guest likwid

Guest likwid

I didn't find any related topics.

In 2007, Michael Arias (tekkonkinkreet) directed a 1 minute movie called Okkakekko. You can watch it here on Vimeo, it's pretty nice. The wikipedia page says that the music was composed by Plaid (ref). It doesn't really sound "Plaid" to me but I guess we can expect anything from them. Also, I don't really trust Wikipedia. What do you think ?

Guest likwid

ok I think they made the music, I found that using my very basic Japanese knowledge and Google translate :tongue:

『おっかけっこ』

監督:マイケル・アリアス

音楽:Plaid

アニメーション制作:STUDIO4℃

reference

translation:

Okkakekko (chasing)

Director: Michael Arias

Music: Plaid

Animation: STUDIO4 ℃

Guest likwid

Plaided: good question :-)

I think it's interesting that our 'electronic music duo' compose this kind of music, they go out of their comfort zone and try new things with instruments (virtual or not). I don't think they would have done that 10 years ago. They are learning and try not to repeat themselves, which is pretty healthy.

excellent little trailer/clip/short, or whatever anyone wants to call it :)

i wonder do they do all the sound design, too? like, the sound effects of the robot as it's walking, or rather, stomping across the fields?

Guest likwid

theplaided: nice link. It's interesting to see that there is more story behind this short and that it may lead to a feature film. Maybe Plaid will compose the music too.

sirch: They didn't do the sound design. According to theplaided's link, Mitch Osias did it.

what's it doing randomly placed in a thread about Okkakekko, tho?

weird. lol

well randomly placed cause i wanted it to feel like when a kid, by chance finds some coins in the soil while playing with it...OR

i like this piece too much, i wanted it to have more views, OR

my hypomania might have awakened again OR

all of the above..

hey , wasnt it you sirch, who was complaining of my, embedding here,,, non Plaid tracks,,, here s a Plaid track, what are you complaining about,,,,, in a ,,, random topic or what? :P

here s another one,, i know you like this one,,,

me too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QJoL-nFJSY

hey , wasnt it you sirch, who was complaining of my, embedding here,,, non Plaid tracks,,, here s a Plaid track, what are you complaining about,,,,, in a ,,, random topic or what? :P

yeah i think it probably was, because you would often post random youtube videos of tracks that had nothing to do with anything, or at least didn't seem to have much to do with the thread and what was being discussed. lol. was pretty random, but fair enough tho..... if that's your thang, carry on! :)

everything is related to every other thing out there, sirch, and thats called quantum theory.

and yes i dont need an avatar really cause i am (all) made of stars (thank you Moby, if it werent for you, i d feel so lousy here)

Guest likwid

Thank you sirch.

This forum is a great source of information, it makes my job easier. I hope it will remain active for a very long time.

Archived