3/ Sumtime – Hype Williams rework

4/ Meltdown – Kode 9/Spaceape rework

5/ Come and Behold – Green Gartside revoice

Side D

1/ Goodbye Girl – Intrusion rework

2/ Goodbye Girl – Deep Chord presents Echospace rework

3/ Goodbye Girl – King Midas Sound Dub

4/ Cool Out – Ras G & the Afrikan Space Program rework

Been listening to the Boomkat samples and some of the remixes are alright but some of them are simply mindbendingly bad. The Hype Williams Remix is just... really really bad. Or is it just me? It sounds to me just like I would expect the morale of H.C. Andersen's "The Emperor's New Clothes" to sound like if it got morphed into a tune.

• 2 weeks later...

No opinion on the music yet (I just kicked the CD off), but for those of you who still care about physical products, I can tell you the artwork on this is pretty cool. Lotsa gold foil embossing going on, especially on the inside flaps of the case. Again, if you care about that sort of thing.

Guest Enter a new display name

Been listening to the Boomkat samples and some of the remixes are alright but some of them are simply mindbendingly bad. The Hype Williams Remix is just... really really bad. Or is it just me? It sounds to me just like I would expect the morale of H.C. Andersen's "The Emperor's New Clothes" to sound like if it got morphed into a tune.

Yeah, many (if not most) of the remixes are actually bad. Hyperdub is still abusing their Buriel reputation to get sales from people who buy their stuff blindly.

Guest beatfanatic

Yeah, many (if not most) of the remixes are actually bad. Hyperdub is still abusing their Buriel reputation to get sales from people who buy their stuff blindly.

I wish Kevin Martin would just release another album as King Midas Sound album instead.

Archived