IGNORED

classic watmm

jules

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what.cd is a good resource for music, watmm is a community not some troon subforum, it's absolutely worthless without genban. it's been discussed a lot though and you've made your position clear once again..so whateves.

old threads not being bumped doesn't mean people didn't need old content, i can't be the only one who uses search.

But yes, that's right - they are gone, and even if they still existed, trying to shoehorn the data back into the forums wouldn't be worth the effort.

it's actually horrible, i've always thought they are archived somewhere, it's like deleting hundreds of people's diaries.

why wasn't it ever up for discussion ? there are better solutions than just "shit+delete" years of history of the community.

Horrible? It's a FUCKING MESSAGEBOARD, not some great literary work worthy of preservation - you lot take all this WAY too seriously. Sure, WATMM's a great resource for music, but General Banter could be nuked tomorrow and the world would be none the worse for wear.

I also heartily laugh at the "up for discussion" bit - we had to move hosts ASAP because the CPU on the old hosts' SQL server was being pegged and the host turned off the site for violating their threshold one too many times. Chaosmachine and I decided this host would be the best and most stable for the site's needs, but the problem was there wasn't enough room for the Downloads section HDD space wise, and we didn't want to peg out this SQL server's CPU and create the same sort of situation, so we (I say we, it was mostly Chaosmachine) decided it was best to remove posts from General Banter from 2008 backwards as NO ONE was even pulling those threads up, and 90% of it was nonsense anyways.

is the person who is locking "inappropriate" threads left and right really complaining about someone else taking the site too seriously? fuckin' lol.

The forums belong to the users not the creators

You pay the bills tho

this message looks pretty childish but knowing joyrex won't change his mind i didn't feel like typing an elaborated message. Well then why didn't you post anything? that's better than posting a shitty message. well i dunno

But yes, that's right - they are gone, and even if they still existed, trying to shoehorn the data back into the forums wouldn't be worth the effort.

it's actually horrible, i've always thought they are archived somewhere, it's like deleting hundreds of people's diaries.

why wasn't it ever up for discussion ? there are better solutions than just "shit+delete" years of history of the community.

Horrible? It's a FUCKING MESSAGEBOARD, not some great literary work worthy of preservation - you lot take all this WAY too seriously. Sure, WATMM's a great resource for music, but General Banter could be nuked tomorrow and the world would be none the worse for wear.

I also heartily laugh at the "up for discussion" bit - we had to move hosts ASAP because the CPU on the old hosts' SQL server was being pegged and the host turned off the site for violating their threshold one too many times. Chaosmachine and I decided this host would be the best and most stable for the site's needs, but the problem was there wasn't enough room for the Downloads section HDD space wise, and we didn't want to peg out this SQL server's CPU and create the same sort of situation, so we (I say we, it was mostly Chaosmachine) decided it was best to remove posts from General Banter from 2008 backwards as NO ONE was even pulling those threads up, and 90% of it was nonsense anyways.

is the person who is locking "inappropriate" threads left and right really complaining about someone else taking the site too seriously? fuckin' lol.

This was my thought too.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Horrible? It's a FUCKING MESSAGEBOARD, not some great literary work worthy of preservation - you lot take all this WAY too seriously.

This was my thought too.

LOLawLOL

Horrible? It's a FUCKING MESSAGEBOARD, not some great literary work worthy of preservation - you lot take all this WAY too seriously.

You're saying this like you don't benefit from it?

That other 10% though, man, that other 10%... Not pointing fingers at anybody but it's a shame it's gone. I'd love to read from back when I didn't know the difference between hardware and analogue, mr modular was still posting on YLC, and milieu, fieldtriqp and Dorian Concept hadn't gotten too cool for us. Also the ramblings of JSwift (Did anybody ever get a hold of his music?). All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Blade+runner+TearsInTheRain.jpg

Guest hahathhat

so when am i going to get a PM with an HTTP to a ZIP of an SQL that is watmm DB with the password hashes and salts zeroed out?

if you know what i mean

classic watmm at it's finest:

you have access to all the gear, you're 16 years-old and your dad is god. he's sleeping, mama too, you go to a party and kill the dancefloor djing some of the old man's unreleased gems.

you're 22 now, papa showed you how to use the machines, you're starting to get as skilled as him. the year is 2028, robots are replacing humans, papa richard got cloned.

2046: afx is the new wagner, he's got his own festspielhaus. rushup edge has become a place of pilgrimage for fans all over the world.

2053: death of aphex twin. the heritage is yours, the clone is making some of the finest tunes ever heard by human ears. you have the power to change the world, but you take too much cocaine and you die. afx's clone is still there, he has no conscience but keeps doing gigs and releasing albums.

2101: afx's clone controls the earth, drukqs 2 is out on warp. humans kill themselves when they hear the music.

10044: it was all a dream and you were in a coma for 8000 years. you look at yourself in a mirror and what do you see: you are actually harry potter.

Guys don't be silly, 500 combined pages of people posting their artwork, photography, personal stories, thoughts on films, books, minecraft and all the cool stuff they do would get nuked tomorrow and no one would care.

yes, it's all still inside us.

No i mean, OMG it's like what happened to the Etruscans. All our precious writings gone !!.. So much cultural effort evaporated.. heh..

Guys don't be silly, 500 combined pages of people posting their artwork, photography, personal stories, thoughts on films, books, minecraft and all the cool stuff they do would get nuked tomorrow and no one would care.

yes, it's all still inside us.

No i mean, OMG it's like what happened to the Etruscans. All our precious writings gone !!.. So much cultural effort evaporated.. heh..

you are a total twat when you are sarcastic

which is always

he had a good point.

ps i really just wanna be friends

Archived