IGNORED

new Arrested Development spin-off & movie

Rubin Farr

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest Frankie5fingers

that is a little worrisome. i didnt think that Hurwitz would do something like that. now i have doubts.

that is a little worrisome. i didnt think that Hurwitz would do something like that. now i have doubts.

like the article says - a lot of the humour is completely dependent on those actors actually being in the room, interacting and riffing off of each other.

so glad I didn't pay for Netflix for this...

Guest RadarJammer

the whole thing about a loved show coming back years later for a one off thing has the "being paraded out like a tap dancing monkey" vibe to begin with so its kinda fitting that the result was a patchwork mess of incongruity. i hope it's so out of whack it makes me feel like I'm on cough syrup.

It will have a very different feel to it, and the actors have a real dynamic, but SO much of it has to do with the writing that I don't think they have it in them to fuck that up.

i felt good about paying for it before i realized that the mysteriously pull tons of streaming content for no warning and it never comes back. After that i felt as if they were sort of dishonest about what content was available and what wasn't. If they had a count-down timer on the stuff which will be pulled eventually i wouldn't mind. I don't think Netflix pays much attention to password sharing, which is how I've been watching it for the past year.

like the article says - a lot of the humour is completely dependent on those actors actually being in the room, interacting and riffing off of each other.

last time i saw this attempted was on Star Wars the Phantom Menace. George Lucas liked one actor's performance in a take, but not the other actor. So he would splice together a performance of each actor from 2 different takes to make it seem like it happened in the same take.

Guest bitroast

[youtubehd]JDiJmA2ZIDo[/youtubehd]

the news regarding green screen / scheduling conflicts gives whole new meaning to this video :)

not long now. i have pretty low expectations for this season, but still eagerly waiting to watch it :)

i felt good about paying for it before i realized that the mysteriously pull tons of streaming content for no warning and it never comes back. After that i felt as if they were sort of dishonest about what content was available and what wasn't. If they had a count-down timer on the stuff which will be pulled eventually i wouldn't mind. I don't think Netflix pays much attention to password sharing, which is how I've been watching it for the past year.

last time i saw this attempted was on Star Wars the Phantom Menace. George Lucas liked one actor's performance in a take, but not the other actor. So he would splice together a performance of each actor from 2 different takes to make it seem like it happened in the same take.

i think you have have like three simultaneous streams going on at once. so yeah, i've been sharing an account with my two best friends. it's fun because we can recommend each other movies just by watching something, haha.

Archived