IGNORED

die antwoord - ten$ion

kaini

I don't have any trouble with that concept, but you seem awfully defensive with any criticism of the band that hits home. you have trouble admitting that die antwoord music is shit when you take away the context. I'm perfectly capable of enjoying their work too, but at least I'm honest and see it as what it is.

see, you still don't get it. you think it's shit, so they're a band that can only be appreciated 'ironically' (who appreciates things 'ironically'? you'd want to be a right douche to do that). but thinking it's shit is subjective. other people actually think it's good. not ironically good. just good. both albums have some very catchy, earworm-y tracks, some great rapping, nice production, some extremely funny lyrics, and the band have an interesting conceptual thing going on too.

i'm not here to convince you it's good. it doesn't bother me if you like it or not.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

even though the saying is the trademark call of the butthurt and highly defensive, I do feel this is a band you either get or don't.

and what leads me to say this is that the people who aren't into it react aggressively to it rather than just indifference. which is strange because I see DA as really playful, self depreciative and kind of naive, not at all arrogant. I dunno, just a couple of really well versed hip hop enthusiast having the least serious fun possible, but at the same time they can't help but be really good at what they do.

kaini just admit that you are only into them because you have the hots for yolandi...

but whatever, sorry, I must have sand in my vagina, carry on. I just think it's retarded to say you like this band and not even aknowledge the deliberate shit aspect of them.

I don't have any trouble with that concept, but you seem awfully defensive with any criticism of the band that hits home. you have trouble admitting that die antwoord music is shit when you take away the context. I'm perfectly capable of enjoying their work too, but at least I'm honest and see it as what it is.

see, you still don't get it. you think it's shit, so they're a band that can only be appreciated 'ironically' (who appreciates things 'ironically'? you'd want to be a right douche to do that). but thinking it's shit is subjective. other people actually think it's good. not ironically good. just good. both albums have some very catchy, earworm-y tracks, some great rapping, nice production, some extremely funny lyrics, and the band have an interesting conceptual thing going on too.

i'm not here to convince you it's good. it doesn't bother me if you like it or not.

forget it kaini, it's GORDOtown

Whatever you think about this album, it goes down extremelly well live. I saw them last weekend at a Festival and they were definitely put on the set of the day. The beats sound better, the sound is tight, they're charismatic, the delivery is perfect and their energy is infectious. The crowd ate it up, I loved every minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived