IGNORED

die antwoord - ten$ion

kaini

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

uh.. they're practically the definition of hipster, just look at ninja's mustache, the whole idea of the band is "it's good because it's ironic".

i think you have missed the point of DA by a long shot.

uh.. they're practically the definition of hipster, just look at ninja's mustache, the whole idea of the band is "it's good because it's ironic".

Yeah but why judge artists by their public? To some people, its good because of that irony, but to me, and i think most fans on this thread, we like it because its fun and quality next level rave music.

So far I listened to Ten$ion once and have to say I'm quite disappointed. Maybe I need to try it more but to me it sounded very meh in the overall. I fear they're on the road to hipsterland but still need to listen to that album again, after all I'm really not used to that kind of music so it may grow on me.

I disagree with that part. I think what they do is to humorous and too fun to be proper hipster music. You forget that hipsters are the ones that listen to / review Rick Ross and Lil Wayne and all those money rappers with a straight face because there is a certain irony to it, but Pitchfork gave this album a low score because there was no "angle" to liking it.

I'm just theorizing. Everyone's opinion of what a hipster is is very different anyway...

nah, you're right. DA do what they do and just throw it out there. it's not their fault hipsters latched onto it.

the whole idea of the band is "it's good because it's ironic".

in your opinion.

i think you have missed the point of DA by a long shot.

Yeah but why judge artists by their public? To some people, its good because of that irony, but to me, and i think most fans on this thread, we like it because its fun and quality next level rave music.

"

I, I, I

I am your butterfly

I need your protection

Be my samurai

I, I, I

I am your butterfly

I need your protection

Need your protection"

seriously...

so it's good because it's referential then? another mark of the hipster. next step, pretentious quasi meta-self referential jokes.

no, it's good cos i think it's good.

you seem to have awful difficulty with the concept that different people like different stuff.

so it's good because it's referential then? another mark of the hipster. next step, pretentious quasi meta-self referential jokes.

you seem to have awful difficulty with the concept that different people like different stuff.

I don't have any trouble with that concept, but you seem awfully defensive with any criticism of the band that hits home. you have trouble admitting that die antwoord music is shit when you take away the context. I'm perfectly capable of enjoying their work too, but at least I'm honest and see it as what it is.

I pointed out one evidently shit aspect of their music, you say it's a reference to something else, then I ask if that's what makes it good, then you say "no, It's good because I think so", LOL. So then kaini, why exactly do you think it's good?, I mean, if you can't tell us what makes it good, can you at least tell us why you think it's good? (LOL). is it out of the question to discuss it in a thread about them?

I don't have any trouble with that concept, but you seem awfully defensive with any criticism of the band that hits home. you have trouble admitting that die antwoord music is shit when you take away the context. I'm perfectly capable of enjoying their work too, but at least I'm honest and see it as what it is.

I pointed out one evidently shit aspect of their music, you say it's a reference to something else, then I ask if that's what makes it good, then you say "no, It's good because I think so", LOL. So then kaini, why exactly do you think it's good?, I mean, if you can't tell us what makes it good, can you at least tell us why you think it's good? (LOL). is it out of the question to discuss it in a thread about them?

What I like about the album is that the music is fucking awesome and the vocals are fucking awesome. Especially Yolandi, I don't think I've ever heard anyone rap like that before.

We don't defend it that much, its more about people comming here, saying they're open minded to diferent tastes and then trash it and pointing out the lack of tatse of others. Seriously, read what you write.

As of why I like it? Because Its fun and original. I genuinely have fun listening to them, try to adding that to your life.

quality next level rave music

Thats like, your opinion man. And I don't value it that much for you to point it out twice.

However I will answer that with a question,... what is next level rave music to you?

Well, as I have noticed, some watmm veterans will always avoid facing/admiting they were being douches at a certain point of the discussion and wont try to redeem themselves by giving an honest answer or add positive contribution to it , as that is the case, I will no longer adress myself to you.

• Interests:loneliness, despair, masturbation

Pathetic individual

Users You're Ignoring

Name Group Posts Signature Messenger photo-thumb-269.jpgLUDD

Block

Goodbye

Archived