die antwoord - ten$ion

kaini

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

to be honest I think ninjas flow sucks hard

you joking?

I'm no rap expert, but I adore ninja's style from what I've heard on this album. I wouldn't say he's sloppy at all, not when compared to most popular rappers.

to be honest I think ninjas flow sucks hard

you joking?

I'm no rap expert, but I adore ninja's style from what I've heard on this album. I wouldn't say he's sloppy at all, not when compared to most popular rappers.

Ninja > Drake

Now that i watched the whole video, I don't know what to think about it. It could be staged and recorded recently.

if youinformed yourself a lilttle bit you'd know she's been around for a decade or so

• 2 weeks later...
Guest interr0bangr

i thought it was waddy and marcus de nobrega, who was waddy's producer for a number of his previous projects.

It's Justin de Nobrega aka Seven Ark/Considerate Builders Scheme

I discovered Die Antwoord like two years ago through some video clips I saw from them and always thought I should really listen to a full album. I did that one week ago with $o$ and think it's incredible. Full of energy and creativity, I'm really impressed. Usually I'm not so fond of rap because I tend to think the music is often too much used as a background, but their music is imo excellent. Funny and punchy.

So far I listened to Ten$ion once and have to say I'm quite disappointed. Maybe I need to try it more but to me it sounded very meh in the overall. I fear they're on the road to hipsterland but still need to listen to that album again, after all I'm really not used to that kind of music so it may grow on me.

Guest Backson

So far I listened to Ten$ion once and have to say I'm quite disappointed. Maybe I need to try it more but to me it sounded very meh in the overall. I fear they're on the road to hipsterland but still need to listen to that album again, after all I'm really not used to that kind of music so it may grow on me.

I disagree with that part. I think what they do is to humorous and too fun to be proper hipster music. You forget that hipsters are the ones that listen to / review Rick Ross and Lil Wayne and all those money rappers with a straight face because there is a certain irony to it, but Pitchfork gave this album a low score because there was no "angle" to liking it.

I'm just theorizing. Everyone's opinion of what a hipster is is very different anyway...

uh.. they're practically the definition of hipster, just look at ninja's mustache, the whole idea of the band is "it's good because it's ironic".

I disagree with that part. I think what they do is to humorous and too fun to be proper hipster music. You forget that hipsters are the ones that listen to / review Rick Ross and Lil Wayne and all those money rappers with a straight face because there is a certain irony to it, but Pitchfork gave this album a low score because there was no "angle" to liking it.

I'm just theorizing. Everyone's opinion of what a hipster is is very different anyway...

nah, you're right. DA do what they do and just throw it out there. it's not their fault hipsters latched onto it.

the whole idea of the band is "it's good because it's ironic".

in your opinion.

Archived