IGNORED

Iran vs US/Israel conflict escalating

Hautlle

Don't close the thread. This is my favorite thread at the moment, and the Iran/US/Israel conflict is ever escalating. It was intelligent until CHEN RUINED EVERYTHING. Other than the name calling, Chen was contributing a lot to the thread. Honestly, I was trying pretty hard not to name call.

Mouse: PM Joyrex to ban you if you want to leave. Members have done it in the past.

So, how 'bout them Persians?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saying a nation should be invaded because of their "barbarous" methods is completely ridiculous and was even outdated at the time of the Roman Empire.

Shouldn't India be allowed to invade the United States for their nefarious beef industry?

What is the criteria that should be met, and who decides?

You are a fucking retard of the highest order.

Seriously, though, a retarded person of the highest order would be more or less nonfunctional. I have to dispute that anyone posting on watmm, even Maximus Mischief, is afflicted with such profound retardation that they need full-time nursing care.

Also, dude, "retard" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Individual afflicted with Mongolism," please.

Atrocious.

When a Marine Corps official is saying "war crimes" about a couple Marines... these guys are (rightly) going to be strung the fuck up.

Also, aside from the obvious humane objections to desecrating corpses, what the fuck, you videotape some inhuman behavior like that? Are you trying to provoke a terrorist attack or fatwa? Oh, you are. Ok, then.

There's your definition of retard of the highest order.

There are some very fucked up comments in that cnn article...

You mean comments on the article (as opposed to comments in the article?)

The comments section on most CNN articles are enough to make me want to pull a Farnsworth and do some interplanetary relocation.

Call me a sucker for cute animals, but as obviously fucked that video is, I find that older Iraq puppy throwing video far more disturbing and sick.

http://www.wired.com...1/corpse-video/ - interesting point about how muted the Taliban response is.

There are some very fucked up comments in that cnn article...

I was gonna post something along the lines of "Wonder how many "real patriots" are busy cheering the actions of those Marines?"

Sometimes - humanity makes me weep.

Joshuatxuk - give it a day or so.

and from the CNN Article

Afghan President Hamid Karzai called on the U.S. government to investigate the video and hand down the harshest punishment possible.

"The government of Afghanistan is deeply disturbed by a video that shows American soldiers desecrating dead bodies of three Afghans," according to a statement released by the presidential palace on behalf of Karzai.

"This act by American soldiers is simply inhuman and condemnable in the strongest possible terms."

A Taliban spokesman called the video "barbaric."

"And no religion that follows a holy text would accept such conduct. This inhuman act reveals their real face to the world," Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi said via text message Thursday.

Chen - yeah, I think what I should of said was, it's interesting to note how fast we're condemning this act, as we should. There's a strange sick humor in the argument that we should treat terrorists like the "animals" they are via torture and disturbing actions like this - it completely nulls any moral argument behind fighting them in the first place.

Deleted scene from Full Metal Jacket?

Yeah could of easily been. People forget it wasn't uncommon to mutilate Japanese soldiers in the Pacific campaign. I remember watching that in college and this friend of mine, really nice but very naive (and openly Christian) kid, was extremely disturbed by the end of Full Metal Jacket (one of my favorite films btw). He was trying to fathom the reality of something like that playing out in real life and it was probably something of an dark epiphany for him. Oddly enough, he was involved in this activist group called "Invisible Children" which raised awareness about child soldiers...I guess he never thought of American fought wars involving the same harshness as African conflicts. I'm not a pacifist, but the more you of history, the more apparent it is that true war is absolute hell.

'true' war in the sense of armies fighting other armies like in WW2 is most definitely horrifying. What the Iraq and Afghanistan invasion was, imo was not a 'war' in the traditional sense. Which in a lot of ways at least for me makes some of these disturbing videos like soldiers throwing puppies off cliffs, or laughing while they urinate on dead bodies even more disturbing.

in the Japan part of WW2 i can almost understand to a certain degree why american soldiers had so much animosity towards the japanese they were a very skilled fighting force. A lot the perceptions american soldiers have towards Iraqi insurgents is totally fictional and rooted in fantasy. At least in japan it wasn't really up for debate if official structure of the Japanese army was ruthless as fuck. But in iraq, anyone holding a gun who is dead deserves to get pissed on seemingly. I dont know, maybe its not different but it seems like it to me. .To me it just shows an even further detachment from the reality of what these soldiers are doing than ever before. Remember when that soldier in the video drops a bomb and kills around 50, his reaction was 'oh dude!' with a slight chuckle under his breath. I think that's the point we're at now

and i know that one can reasonably argue that there is always an ebb and flow to these types of things in human history, but i really do believe we've reached a different echelon of sociopathic detachment, one that even goes beyond the detachment of dropping a nuclear bomb on a population

i just saw this really disturbing cop shooting video yesterday that kind of codified a lot of these thoughts for me. i dont recommend anybody here watch it, but if you want to see modern american militarism robotic auto response mindset in vivid detail check it out

the way the cop says 'get on the ground' after the guy is 100% dead to perfectly illustrates this increasing disconnect. I know it's probably a brain glitch on the cops part, but to me it kinda means that his muscle memory shooting has almost no connection to the consequences of killing a human being

this was a search warrant issued search of a suspected marijuana dealers property, he was holding a golf club because he thought someone understandably was breaking into his house

watmm has an HoA now?

All avatars must be Light Pink (#FFBC61)

No winter holiday decoration avatar shall be displayed prior to December 1 of each year and all avatars shall be cleared of winter holiday decorations by January 15 of each year.

Any disputes shall be subject to binding arbitration.

Archived