IGNORED

Iran vs US/Israel conflict escalating

Hautlle

So, news came that Iran "shot down" a US drone yesterday. US has now confirmed it, says "they did not believe the mission involved flying the aircraft directly over Iran because the reconnaissance capability of the RQ-170 Sentinel drone would allow it to gather information from inside Iran while remaining on the Afghanistan side of the border."

U.S. officials are discounting the Iranian claim that they shot the drone down. The United States continues to say the crew of the UAV lost flight control and the drone then entered Iranian airspace.

So now Iranian forces are on defensive alert, they believe an attack is coming http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4157486,00.html

All of this is happening while we're also running covert operations against Iran's nuclear program http://www.nationaljournal.com/has-the-war-with-iran-already-begun--20111204?page=1

"Asked whether the United States, in cooperation with Israel, was now engaged in a covert war against Iran’s nuclear program that may include the Stuxnet virus, the blowing-up of facilities and the assassination or kidnapping of scientists, one recently retired U.S. official privy to up-to-date intelligence would not deny it. "

“It’s safe to say the Israelis are very active,” the official said, adding about U.S. efforts: “Everything that [GOP presidential candidate] Mitt Romney said we should be doing—tough sanctions, covert action and pressuring the international community -- are all of the things we are actually doing.” Though the activities are classified, a senior Obama administration official also would not deny that such a program was under way. He indicated that the U.S. was not involved in every action, referring to recent alleged explosions at Isfahan and elsewhere. But, he added: “I wouldn’t assume that everything we do is coordinated."

It seems like we're hellbent on starting a war with Iran... Which is not really in the best interest of anyone at this point. The whole situation is really fucked when you look at the entire history of US/Iran relations and how we've tampered with their government like we have with so many other countries.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is retarded even on a strategic level....even if i were to take the position that all these wars were legitimate, we are going to destroy ourselves from overextension of forces.

this is retarded even on a strategic level....even if i were to take the position that all these wars were legitimate, we are going to destroy ourselves from overextension of forces.

We got ground troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, Israel's missiles and airbases in all those Gulf states we just tore down. We can even get a path into the desert if we let Turkey into the Euro. We've got the fuckers surrounded, son! Your move, Ahmedgeniedad.

Guest kokeboka

Maybe this time someone will find a WMD somewhere.

A while ago I read a book called Blackwater, about private defense contractors and their lobbies. It's scary how much political influence they can move, and how much they can get away with during war-time (not being with the Army means no-one is liable to be court-marshalled). Another war seems to benefit more the agendas of a few, instead of a rational strategic decision or a foreign relations move to the right.

We got ground troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, Israel's missiles and airbases in all those Gulf states we just tore down. We can even get a path into the desert if we let Turkey into the Euro. We've got the fuckers surrounded, son! Your move, Ahmedgeniedad.

im talking about after the war.

the US is legitimately turning into Nazi Germany. we're invading multiple locations and soon we'll be committing genocide on our own turf. we already have an abstract form of dictatorship/fascism in place. i don't know how our downfall will come about. we'll get invaded by north korea while all of our troops are elsewhere and it will not be difficult for them to succeed. something like that.

the US is legitimately turning into Nazi Germany. we're invading multiple locations and soon we'll be committing genocide on our own turf. we already have an abstract form of dictatorship/fascism in place. i don't know how our downfall will come about. we'll get invaded by north korea while all of our troops are elsewhere and it will not be difficult for them to succeed. something like that.

lol what the fuck are you on about?

N. Korea couldn't invade Luxembourg if the very existence of their state depended on it.

Guest kokeboka

I'm not so sure about genocide or North Korea, but I'll agree with you that some states in the US have turned to an almost extremist right. I wouldn't go so far as to say there's fascism in the US, but there seems to be a lot of nationalism and conservativism. The downfall of a world power is rarely because of a single bad military decision - in the end, it's always about money and resources.

N. Korea couldn't invade Luxembourg if the very existence of their state depended on it.

Imagine the zerg rush from the South if North Korea ever tried that. Blizzard HQ must be protected!

Guest uptown devil

another one of those posts you were hoping to delete?

This is terrible. We have no business being in Iran. The only thing that can come from this is more stress between Western-Middle East relations.

I have no problem with them having Nuclear Technology.

Your move, Ahmedgeniedad Ahmadinejad Khamenei.

fix'd and fix'd

But why? I don't get it. Iran is so far away.

Imagine the zerg rush from the South if North Korea ever tried that. Blizzard HQ must be protected!

fucking lol

they want to wipe israel off the map!

and they smell funny!

^lol.

Gah, I'm so tired of this country. "We don't have any money, I have an idea, let's start yet another war".

And don't try to use the argument "BUT WARS MAKE JOBS!". Shut the fuck up. Who do you know who has a job that helps the war effort? They help select companies become richer.

Hopefully this will all blow over.

Archived