IGNORED

Iran vs US/Israel conflict escalating

Hautlle

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in short it's a cluster fuck inherited from UK intelligence

a CIA coup and of course the desire to control the oil [see BP}

and the pakistani nuclear scientist [kahn]who sold dutch nuclear centrifuge tech to iran and north korea

Guest Eggylips

It's a good ol debate! 2ndMouse: Not taking any sides mate, was trekking in the himilayas not long ago with an ex-israley army guy who was one of the soundest guys I've ever met.

The worlds not that bad

so is there a delete account button ?

yes. you can:

• make a new nice tits thread

• make a new nice asses thread

• post non-pictures in the funny pictures thread

• make a new ask why member x was banned thread

• try to annoy the shit out of as many members as you can while slowly morphing into another account

• talk like you are 8 years old (this takes the longest)

6 pages until thread devolves into racism. not bad.

I have no idea how he still respects me when half of our conversations revolve around me and my sister making horrible racist jokes. He knows i don't mean it and tells me if it really bugs him. he and his family are amazing people and have shown me that iranians/persians are amazing people and have a gorgeous culture. not like i didn't think that before but now i consider it undeniable. which is why the widespread hatred of iran makes me sad. i'm going to be going there closer to the end of this year. I'm also probably going to try and hit on his sister which will be amazing seeing as i don't speak faarsi.

Unfortunateely Iran is very much in the dark ages.......especially when it comes to morality and justice.

example : a woman is gang-raped.

Instead of bringing her attackers to justice , they hanged her.

example : a 16 year old girl is cheeky to an imam.

She is publicly hanged as an "example"

example : a man steals bread to feed his family

They chop off his hands.

I find this inconsistent with the rosy picture you paint of a harmonious society. When the shah was in power in iran , they were friendly to the west , but ayatollah khameini hates the west because the west stands ready ( rightly , i believe ) to defend Israel because of judaism / christianity. They call us infidels , burn our flags , burn effigys of our leaders , sponsor terrorism throughout the middle east , and now they've also moved into Iraq , to sabotage the fragile peace that exists there.

They remotely controlled the most sophisticated US recconnaisance drone , and landed it in iran ( with outside help of course.....probably russian ) and are willing to share its secrets with whoever gives them nuclear secrets , and they are not bothered at all about the proliferation of nuclear technology all around the region.

Frankly , the world would be a much safer place if the hardline islamists in iran were kicked back to the stoneage with their tail tucked between their legs

lol expert troll.

In America they're much more civilized - 7 years in jail for stealing sneakers

if only the Iranians could be as honorable in war as the Americans (US Army staff sergeant jailed for attacks on Afghan civilians (for 9 months....ooooh))

And your "wiped off the map" quote is incorrect

Iranian leaders aren't stupid, they know to fire nuclear weapons at Israel would mean the end of their regime. They want to stay in power and not be dead. Thus - no fear of them launching nukes. Americans on the other hand, who would suffer no real loss at another war in the middle east, well I'm not so sure of their ability to restrain themselves.

Finally, Iran isn't going to block the Strait of Hormuz - who suffers more? Yeah the west might have to pay a bit more for oil, but since oil makes up such a huge percentage of Iranian exports, combined with the sanctions if they did block the strait, Iran's economy would be the one to go on a freefall.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-09/threat-to-hormuz-shipping-seen-receding-as-eu-plans-sanctions.html

Iranian leaders aren't stupid, they know to fire nuclear weapons at Israel would mean the end of their regime. They want to stay in power and not be dead. Thus - no fear of them launching nukes. Americans on the other hand, who would suffer no real loss at another war in the middle east, well I'm not so sure of their ability to restrain themselves.

Finally, Iran isn't going to block the Strait of Hormuz - who suffers more? Yeah the west might have to pay a bit more for oil, but since oil makes up such a huge percentage of Iranian exports, combined with the sanctions if they did block the strait, Iran's economy would be the one to go on a freefall.

http://www.businessw...-sanctions.html

l.

Ya cant understand Iran with a western mindset.

You are a fucking mouse, lol

Iranian suicide bombings are very rare. they do happen, of course The group that claims responsibility for most of them is Jundollah. Unfortunately, there is strong evidence that they are funded by the US/UK. And a very relevant quote from that last link:

Admiral William Fallon, who until recently was the head of U.S. Central Command, and thus in charge of American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan ... “Too many people believe you have to be either for or against the Iranians,” “Let’s get serious. Eighty million people live there, and everyone’s an individual. The idea that they’re only one way or another is nonsense.”

:

“Too many people believe you have to be either for or against the Iranians,” “Let’s get serious. Eighty million people live there, and everyone’s an individual. The idea that they’re only one way or another is nonsense.”

I dont think we can afford to take the risk with iran and let it become a nuclear armed hardline islamist state

Fuck that

Worst case scenario humanity will destroy itself in a nuclear war, it will hurt for a second but it could be the best thing that has happen to earth and nature. (lol i hate whiskey)

Iranian suicide bombings are very rare. they do happen, of course The group that claims responsibility for most of them is Jundollah. Unfortunately, there is strong evidence that they are funded by the US/UK. And a very relevant quote from that last link:

Admiral William Fallon, who until recently was the head of U.S. Central Command, and thus in charge of American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan ... “Too many people believe you have to be either for or against the Iranians,” “Let’s get serious. Eighty million people live there, and everyone’s an individual. The idea that they’re only one way or another is nonsense.”

Between the "Strong" link and the fact that U.S. seems to be cool with Pakistan, is it safe to say that the U.S. and Taliban are buddy-buddy?

I'm half-trolling, but I'm starting to feel that we're the enemy.

so is there a delete account button ?

yes. you can:

• make a new nice tits thread

• make a new nice asses thread

• post non-pictures in the funny pictures thread

• make a new ask why member x was banned thread

• try to annoy the shit out of as many members as you can while slowly morphing into another account

• talk like you are 8 years old (this takes the longest)

rlol

Between the "Strong" link and the fact that U.S. seems to be cool with Pakistan, is it safe to say that the U.S. and Taliban are buddy-buddy?

I'm half-trolling, but I'm starting to feel that we're the enemy.

No but we're seriously looking into negotiating with the Taliban. Afgans want a ceasefire first, and in the meantime Qatar is going to host a Taliban office for said negotiations. U.S. isn't cool with Pakistan, in fact they're a huge fucking headache. And they have nukes. Ones that were being transported in delivery trucks recently. In fact, people tend to forget they, India and Israel already have nuclear warheads. But Pakistan was always an ally with the U.S. (we went with them during the cold war, Soviets with Indian), and the then colder relations in the late 90s were warmed on 9/11. It's become pretty hairy lately: drone controversies, the Bin Laden raid, etc. Much of their security forces are essentially working for the Taliban and other insurgent groups, but elements remain committed to eliminating those said militants from their troubled provinces. We continue to train Pakistani troops, supply new arms and they continue to allow a huge amount of supplies to cross over the Afghan-Pakistan border.

Long story short, we're running out of options of what to do, besides simply drawdown and pack up from the region. I mean of course ground forces and nation-building. We'll always have deployed forces. Hell, the Persian Gulf is still policed by the US Navy. It's surreal how apathetic America is to the pursuits of "The War On Terror" now. The Iraq war is over officially a miltitary contract/CIA mission. Afghanistan's fate is going to be messier. God I hope at some point that the American citizens who actually give a shit and vote will think "let's not get any lofty notions of 'liberating' Iran" by bombing some select sites. I dunno what other WATMMer's might be ok with this opinion, but I rather just cold, cynical, and pragmatic foreign policy of watching and acting only when needed to quell the middle eastern shitfest of the week. That whole region is diplomatic bet-placing and ironies are constant. Libya was patrolled by not just NATO planes, but Gulf State jets as well, the same nations crushing their own respective Arab Spring protests. Anyone who drives around Fort Worth's Lockheed plant will see Israeli F-16s flying in one day and UAE F-16s getting the same updates a month later. Likewise, Israel and Turkey we're working on a joint tank upgrade project not long before whole flotilla incident. Miltary sales by the US and Europe is the one constant.

6 pages until thread devolves into racism. not bad.

I have no idea how he still respects me when half of our conversations revolve around me and my sister making horrible racist jokes. He knows i don't mean it and tells me if it really bugs him. he and his family are amazing people and have shown me that iranians/persians are amazing people and have a gorgeous culture. not like i didn't think that before but now i consider it undeniable. which is why the widespread hatred of iran makes me sad. i'm going to be going there closer to the end of this year. I'm also probably going to try and hit on his sister which will be amazing seeing as i don't speak faarsi.

Unfortunateely Iran is very much in the dark ages.......especially when it comes to morality and justice.

example : a woman is gang-raped.

Instead of bringing her attackers to justice , they hanged her.

example : a 16 year old girl is cheeky to an imam.

She is publicly hanged as an "example"

example : a man steals bread to feed his family

They chop off his hands.

I find this inconsistent with the rosy picture you paint of a harmonious society. When the shah was in power in iran , they were friendly to the west , but ayatollah khameini hates the west because the west stands ready ( rightly , i believe ) to defend Israel because of judaism / christianity. They call us infidels , burn our flags , burn effigys of our leaders , sponsor terrorism throughout the middle east , and now they've also moved into Iraq , to sabotage the fragile peace that exists there.

They remotely controlled the most sophisticated US recconnaisance drone , and landed it in iran ( with outside help of course.....probably russian ) and are willing to share its secrets with whoever gives them nuclear secrets , and they are not bothered at all about the proliferation of nuclear technology all around the region.

Frankly , the world would be a much safer place if the hardline islamists in iran were kicked back to the stoneage with their tail tucked between their legs

I'm not painting a harmonious picture but what you are saying is ludicrous. Did you just make this shit up? I have very little respect for you after saying this.

Archived