IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a feeling I might spend most of the night and the early hours playing the everloving shit out of this. It's also made me want to revisit the earlier stuff and see if it sucks me in a little deeper than before. I actually feel a little excited, like discovering Burial for the first time.

Second thoughts about the Japanese CD though, I have a strange hunch (no evidence, just a feeling) that it might see a more widespread release.

I concur with the people wanking over this e.p. Proper lovely stuff & shows Burial reaching a new level of awesomeness. Loner is amazing, is like Burial doing Trance which has a very special effect on me as that is 1st electronic music I ever got into, reminds me of walking into my first ever rave and thinking what the fuck is all this about! Fav track has to be ashtray wasp tho so gorgeous but its all amazing & agree with the comments about this showing he has more range.

Interesting people saying about skips tho, didnt notice yesterday but burnt this and Street Halo onto CD for the drive to work and noticed some very slight skips in ashtray wasp and assumed it was the cd!! just listening to the digital and it is there (for example there is 1 at 5.41 on Ashtray wasp) cant see why they would be intentional tho you never know with Burial! dont really detract from the wickedness of the music anyway so not to worry.

I've a feeling I might spend most of the night and the early hours playing the everloving shit out of this. It's also made me want to revisit the earlier stuff and see if it sucks me in a little deeper than before. I actually feel a little excited, like discovering Burial for the first time.

i can't stop listening to it

ffwye.png

also with the earlier stuff, get yourself the south london boroughs ep, i love it all but that one is fucking special.

Ok i was just kidding, I don't jizz my pants and I don't call Kindred EP the best music ever made but after few plays I started enjoy these, I almost forgot I had the same thing with his previous albums, It took me over a year to get deeper into his tunes and eventually love most of them.

I concur with the people wanking over this e.p. Proper lovely stuff & shows Burial reaching a new level of awesomeness. Loner is amazing, is like Burial doing Trance which has a very special effect on me as that is 1st electronic music I ever got into, reminds me of walking into my first ever rave and thinking what the fuck is all this about! Fav track has to be ashtray wasp tho so gorgeous but its all amazing & agree with the comments about this showing he has more range.

Interesting people saying about skips tho, didnt notice yesterday but burnt this and Street Halo onto CD for the drive to work and noticed some very slight skips in ashtray wasp and assumed it was the cd!! just listening to the digital and it is there (for example there is 1 at 5.41 on Ashtray wasp) cant see why they would be intentional tho you never know with Burial! dont really detract from the wickedness of the music anyway so not to worry.

I didn't buy the digital files as I'm debating buying the Japanese CD or seeing if that gets a more widespread release, but the leak I have most definitely has several small skips. Already edited them out and I highly doubt they were intentional.

i can't stop listening to it

ffwye.png

also with the earlier stuff, get yourself the south london boroughs ep, i love it all but that one is fucking special.

I've had pretty much everything for a few years now my friend (including the South London Boroughs EP, agreed it is pretty fucking good). Never disliked any Burial nor disagreed with the WATMM fan-wankery, just need to give it the time (i.e. shitloads) that it warrants compared to other musics. I think Kindred is the catalyst that will make me love as opposed to merely like Burial. Looking forward to the ride.

the circlejerking is getting a bit over-the-top but this really is one of the best things i've heard in an eternity

and a burial/shackleton collab would be absolutely amazing. i'm thinking double-a side with burial remixing shackleton on one side and vice-versa on the other.

I bought the files and can't notice any skips of any kind.

me too. im not noticing anything other than typical burial artifacts.

i really wish this had proper artwork. i'm having trouble imagining what it would look like.

the circlejerking is getting a bit over-the-top but this really is one of the best things i've heard in an eternity

and a burial/shackleton collab would be absolutely amazing. i'm thinking double-a side with burial remixing shackleton on one side and vice-versa on the other.

hold the rompler bongo samples and i'd be thrilled for this as well

im still waiting for a single Hyperdub alumni to even mention Scorn or mick harris in an interview or just somewhere, until that happens i will look at them as a bunch of snot nose kids who havent met grandpa yet, (yeah i know im a dick but its true)

I'm a pretty casual Burial fan (only had Untrue), but the samples sounded good and.. well, I really just bought it because everyone on here was raving in agreeance. Gave it a good listen while going for a walk out in the dark and man, it was fantastic! The sound is layered so thick and the texture is so strong you can almost feel it in your ears. All three tracks were awesome... couldn't say I loved any more than the others. Had enough of the Burial sound to clearly know it was him, but provided something new as well. I ended up listening to it twice back-to-back... and I STILL want to hear it again!

Now I'm really psyched for a new Burial album!

Archived