IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother is convinced that the soundtrack for The Departed is being sampled in Loner. Is he, as I suspect, being a div?

considering what he's sampled in the past (inland empire, 21 grams, black hawk down soundtrack, aliens soundtrack, ghost dog, girl with a pearl earring, the bloody DVD extras from bullet boy), i wouldn't rule it out.

Mr Squee sir, can I steal that pic and use it for my avatar? Mr Horse.

wat?

You posted a picture of a horse earlier. It is the horse from Ren and Stimpy. His famous line is always "No sir, I don't like it."

I want to take that pic and use it as my avatar. Can I?

wat?

You posted a picture of a horse earlier. It is the horse from Ren and Stimpy. His famous line is always "No sir, I don't like it."

This question really makes you seem

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinsecuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

wat?

This question really makes you seem

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinsecuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

ah ok.. It's called netiquette.

I'm not going to steal his shit that's rude. lol

I am afear’d to get this because my anti audio artifacts OCD is powerful. Has anyone determined if they are drop OUTS (as in, the sound cuts out but all the beats remain on beat) or skips/stutters (as in, the beats are only perfectly ‘on beat’ once the silences are removed)?

I would find the former much easier to deal with as some sort of stylistic thingy than the latter.

I am afear’d to get this because my anti audio artifacts OCD is powerful. Has anyone determined if they are drop OUTS (as in, the sound cuts out but all the beats remain on beat) or skips/stutters (as in, the beats are only perfectly ‘on beat’ once the silences are removed)?

I would find the former much easier to deal with as some sort of stylistic thingy than the latter.

if you didn't know which of those two it was, what would your reaction be?

the "holes" are so slight.. can't believe it's an issue. i think burial's music would be more interesting if he actually developed on ideas like this (fucking with the texture, or integrity of the whole swath of sound) rather than piling on layers of processed (contained), atmospheric detail. maybe i gotta play it real loud, or let it grow or whatever, but i'm bewildered at the consistent level of praise it's getting. the beat for loner feels lame, underwhelming. and the use of phasing, or flange on kindred (track 1) drums, and other elements, "take me out of it" ..could just take time though.. the glass clinking part is real nice.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

i think burial's music would be more interesting if he actually developed on ideas like this (fucking with the texture, or integrity of the whole swath of sound) rather than piling on layers of processed (contained), atmospheric detail. maybe i gotta play it real loud, or let it grow or whatever, but i'm bewildered at the consistent level of praise it's getting.

you gotta listen to this one loud. listen to it reasonably loud on headphones or let it fill up a room.

I can understand not liking Burial if you live someplace in the boonies away from any kind of urban environment, but this music has a very precise way of recapturing sounds you hear around a city, put into a blender and infused with lots of feeling. Not to mention the feelings it evokes that are so specific to that environment like loneliness in a crowd, feeling crushed under the weight of the rat race and grind of our everyday lives, brief moments of connection with strangers, cautious optimism when things are getting harsh, etc. It's all really transportive and it communicates very well. He must be really observant.

what you just mentioned above was in part why Burial's music originally turned me off, it was trying way too hard to be urban and i didn't feel it was authentic or palatable. It took me a while to overlook the cover artwork to Untrue, but still havent been able to overlook the absurd autotune abuse.m This new stuff of his is above and beyond Untrue, it has a much harder worked on atmosphere and relies less on plundered vocal samples from popular female vocalist pop stars

Why, because it's a constant reminder of how wrong everyone else in the world is?

We invented cars. We invented roads. We invented gas. We invented wheels. We invented rubber. We invented gears. We invented light. We invented electricity.

WE INVENTED THE GARAGE.

if you didn't know which of those two it was, what would your reaction be?

Oh I'm gonna get it eventually, I was just being a baby. Not sure I can bear to spring for the JPN CD though, although that is what I want.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking but my preference is for the beat (as in, the steady pulse of the track) to not be fucked with. That just bothers me unless it's done real well. So sound dropping out but my head-nodding being undisturbed is totally fine by me. Getting real curious about this release now…

Why, because it's a constant reminder of how wrong everyone else in the world is?

We invented cars. We invented roads. We invented gas. We invented wheels. We invented rubber. We invented gears. We invented light. We invented electricity.

WE INVENTED THE GARAGE.

Did yee invent English too?

Archived