IGNORED

Switzerland .. are they mental or just have common sense?

YO303

well thats a good point and all if u are personally sending money to the film makers ! but if not then frig it off and deal with it cuz otherwise ur ruining their lives basically and ur ruining movies

honestly whether or not my money gets to the directors pocket of a successful film is the least of my concerns, because for that film to successful it had to make millions already, and that's plenty, imo. i'll keep the little money i have, thanks. you'll understand this when you're old enough to have to support yourself with a job.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the villains win too if u ever noticed what happened to all the super heros?? in the end there were just 2 many villains and they got wiped out by their super nemesises. so i guess u are on the right side but i will still fight against u until my last breathe

fuck yeah switzerland ! first they ban mosques and now decriminalize torrenting ?! im in !

If it's similar to law in the Netherlands, it remains illegal to upload/distribute copywrited content . And torrents remain illegal. It's just OK to download.

Under EU pressure this Dutch law will be changed sooner or later, btw. But that's another story.

It's such a difficult one, I think the issue is nowadays (I'm talking about my generation mainly) music isn't such a important feature.

I don't think we're part of the same generation, but if this is true (and I think it is) then I'm glad if we're not.

It's such a difficult one, I think the issue is nowadays (I'm talking about my generation mainly) music isn't such a important feature.

I don't think we're part of the same generation, but if this is true (and I think it is) then I'm glad if we're not.

caretstik - aren't you like a similar age with me? I couldn't agree more.

Record labels should make downloading all their music 100% free

But you have to watch a 10 minute advertisement for each album download

I read somewhere that online radios make more money off advertisements than a lot of record companies' profits.

Idk where.

Yeah, overall the industry is still minting it (and i'm not talking about the health of specific labels). The market has just diversified.

What stats/figures have you read? Where do you get this information? Do you work within the music industry? Oh no, it's your opinion.

Yeah, overall the industry is still minting it (and i'm not talking about the health of specific labels). The market has just diversified.

What stats/figures have you read? Where do you get this information? Do you work within the music industry? Oh no, it's your opinion.

Wow, didnt even wait for an answer. I should use that more often when I dont want to have a constructive argument.

*jerking motion*

From Nielsen Soundscan

top selling albums of the 00s:

1. The Beatles, 1 (11,499,000 copies sold)

2. *NSYNC, No Strings Attached (11,112,000)

3. Norah Jones, Come Away With Me (10,546,000)

4. Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP (10,204,000)

5. Eminem, The Eminem Show (9,799,000)

6. Usher, Confessions (9,712,000)

7. Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory (9,663,000)

8. Creed, Human Clay (9,491,000)

9. Britney Spears, Oops! … I Did It Again (9,185,000)

10. Nelly, Country Grammar (8,461,000)

Total albums sold in the top 10: 99,672,000

Top selling albums of the 90s:

1. Shania Twain - Come on Over (22 Million)

2. Whitney Houston - The Bodyguard Soundtrack (19.1 Million)

3. Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill (19 Million)

4. Hootie & the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View (16.1 Million)

5. Garth Brooks - No Fences (16 Million)

6. Garth Brooks - Double Live (15 Million)

7. Santana - Supernatural (14.6 Million)

8. Backstreet Boys- Backstreet Boys (14.1 Million)

9. Garth Brooks - Ropin' the Wind (14 Million Sales)

10. Britney Spears- Hit My Baby One More Time (13.9 Million)

Total albums sold in the top 10: 163.8 Million

So the top sellers of the 00s definitely didn't even come close in totals to the 90s. Top selling artist of the 90s: Garth Brooks. Top seller of the 00s: Eminem. Obviously there are many facets to this debate, but I thought I would start with some hard numbers. I think one thing that could help are some numbers for some of the labels this board follows: Warp, Rephlex, Mu, etc with 90s vs. 00s comparisons. I have no idea where to find that sort of info though.

^^^^^

it's unpublished?

also

is it really stealing if you bought the lp or cd as a new release and you grab a zip/flac from mediafire?

as we proceed many new lp releases have the keys for free mp3's inside.

conversely…. am i a cheap scoundrel for not paying 3 times for the same music but in a different [degraded,lower fidelity but more convenient ]format?

I didn't know they had made a movie version of "the road" (I know, I live under a rock). Thanks. Gonna go download that right now.

:cisfor:

I don't see what is the problem with that. Should he buy a film he never saw? Thats 10 dollars or more, doesnt make sense at all, what if he doesnt like it? Thats the good part of the internet, we would never know and support so many artists if we had to buy everything from them. The spoken word, a facebook like, a google search, a review or a concert ticket are accountable ways of recompensating an artist because it will eventually benefit him in some sort. Btw I own some albums from my favorite artists but im not rich and so i cant buy everything and so do most people. Sometimes i buy on bandcamp too, but i need to really like the artist because money doesnt grow on trees.

Ban churches while they're at it.

That was unecessary..... pure hate....

Churches dont spread eco prayers through the city, plus they're not contextualized nor they have something to do with the surrounding architecture, plus most of them are historical monuments.

Archived