IGNORED

Sonic CD

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

Sonic CD has recently been re-released. Posting thread to ensure it doesn't slip under any radars :-)

Originally released in 1993 on the Sega CD. Game has been ported and re-developed from scratch and released on PSN/Xbox Live + iOS/Android. It has been rebuilt to include Sonic 2-style speeddash + widescreen resolution + unlockable option to play as Tails.

Been playing it on the PS3, and I'm actually blown away at the quality of this game. Absolutely solid original Sonic gameplay matching Sonic 2 (maybe) in overall goodness. It's a whole lot more enjoyable than that 'I want it to be good but it's actually really crappy' Sonic 4 episode 1 game.

Recommended to anyone/everyone with a secret little love for Sonic games.

palmtree-panic-present-3.png

the zone where ur bouncing up and down and theres electric on the wires grid which turns on and off is impossible theres like a barrier u cant ever get past it just a big wall how do u get around it

Guest bitroast

yeah xbox arcade.

@sup. i have no idea? sounds pesky. like the rolling red and white cylinders in the circus level of sonic 3.

The last console gaming system I had before buying a PS3 was actually a Sega CD (CDX: Genesis/CD combined console) way back in the early-mid '90s. It took me until this year to trust the longevity/quality of a console again, lol. My mom's ex's deadbeat fucking DJ son stole my Sega CD around 2000; if he hadn't I'd probably still be dipping into this game.

Sonic CD was easily one of the best games on Sega CD. Looking forward to hearing the dulcet tones of Sonic Boom once more.

lol those cylinders will make u so mad if u dunno how to control them

how do you?? for real, i couldn't get passed that part.

lol u use the up and down buttons to make them jiggle up and down

lol those cylinders will make u so mad if u dunno how to control them

how do you?? for real, i couldn't get passed that part.

lol u use the up and down buttons to make them jiggle up and down

fml, thanks alot i'll give it another go

sonic the hedgehog got me into electronic music and turned me into the person i am today.

this is available on android? shiiiiit thanks for the heads up

sonic the hedgehog got me into electronic music and turned me into the person i am today.

Yeah, I used to record the music onto cassette tape so I could listen on my walkman. I had a Doom cassette too!

Woah awesome! I always wanted to play this since it came out, but I went from the Genesis to the Saturn to the Playstation 2 D:

This better be released on PC. I don't have any game systems.

Woah awesome! I always wanted to play this since it came out, but I went from the Genesis to the Saturn to the Playstation 2 D:

i'm pretty sure you can play this game on a PC, just sayin :whistling:

It's important to note

(a) Sonic CD had two soundtracks, one for North American release and a much weirder one straight outta Japan; and

(b) you can select from the two soundtracks with this rerelease

It's important to note

(a) Sonic CD had two soundtracks, one for North American release and a much weirder one straight outta Japan; and

(b) you can select from the two soundtracks with this rerelease

Awesome

*high five to a fellow Saturn owner*

Archived