IGNORED

New York City

YEK

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you taking everything litterally? For fuck sake, what i meant was i visited a vast amount of places very diferent from each other in type and location. About the time Square, you got me wrong again, i meant as it was the tower of the eye in mordor, Know what i am saying?

no not really. whatever nerdy good vs evil elves 'n' hobbits comparison you're trying to make here is obviously ridiculous.

Don't give me that bullshit, you consider that charity work?? You just reinfoce what i said, Nyc is a fuckin business ran by the most greedy people on earth.

No it's not charity work, it's work by choice, and it's a market driven BY the people, who show up and say, fuck this guy, I will wash your dishes better for cheaper. and if your country was remotely hospitable towards immigrants, which I can assure you that it is not, they would be there too looking for opportunity better than what they have. go see what happens if you tried to vocally feel sorry for someone busting their ass for their family chopping onions all day.

You know absolutely nothing about my country, as i can see by that statement! We have toons of emmigrants from our old colonies. And i assure you its alot more hospitable to them too, they have social securiity and social benefits, of course some are now fleing back to their country because the future isnt bright thanks to your ratng agencys (did obama raise the debt limit again? ;) )

And by the way, I wont sacrifice my people and culture just to have cheaper and more "motivated" labour (its not even productive in longterm so its not something good to do, if you want to do good to their nations, take your troops out of there and build schools you fuckin hypocrites).

In the end you're just an ignorant :|

I liked the people I met in New York. I loved the food. I loved the stores. I loved Brooklyn. I loved Manhattan by day. I loved Manhattan by night. I loved Central Park.

if folks think nyc is gully now you should have seen it in the 80s/90s.

nyc is a mere shadow of it's former self.

no one in the art /music community can afford to live here anymore

many great clubs went out of business during the 6-12 month period after 9/11.

then mayor ghouliani started enforcing the "no dancing" cabaret laws that were unenforced since the 1930's and that really helped kill the electronic music scene.

sure there are places that are still open if you like paying 14 dollars for a beer and a 30 dollar cover

but this place is long over as far as any 'scene".

from a tourist vantage i reckon it must be interesting

i want to move to vietnam

New york city is a frozen shithole

and yeah i would tottally go to L.A

here's where you lost the last little bit of credibility.

I have lived in NYC for a year and a half now, and I personally love it. First, people should distinguish if they are referring to just Manhattan or if they are including the surrounding boroughs. I for one can't stand most of Manhattan, and think people who live there are crazy for paying for their overpriced/shitty apartment. I live in Queens, and commute to Manhattan for work, and I gotta say Queens is the shit. Everyone is very diverse, the food is great, and the cost of living isn't nearly as expensive as it is in Manhattan. The best part of living here is that you can never really be bored and that there is always something to do/see. Granted, some of it is expensive, but there are ways to get by it in the city and save money and still have a great time.

New york city is a frozen shithole

and yeah i would tottally go to L.A

here's where you lost the last little bit of credibility.

Thats an album from venetian snare you twat it wasnt serious

NYC >>>>>>>> Portugal

trollololo or do you mean it

kanakori you got pwnt.

if folks think nyc is gully now you should have seen it in the 80s/90s.

nyc is a mere shadow of it's former self.

no one in the art /music community can afford to live here anymore

many great clubs went out of business during the 6-12 month period after 9/11.

then mayor ghouliani started enforcing the "no dancing" cabaret laws that were unenforced since the 1930's and that really helped kill the electronic music scene.

sure there are places that are still open if you like paying 14 dollars for a beer and a 30 dollar cover

but this place is long over as far as any 'scene".

from a tourist vantage i reckon it must be interesting

i want to move to vietnam

Why did watmmer's ignore this post that in part said the same thing than mine did?

I think america is a menace to the world, thats all. Especially to my country because its too small to defend itself against your corporations and multinacionals. I mean, if starbucks moves here, the little shops and cafes will disappear (just an example). And that would be awfull.

Guest ruiagnelo

I think america is a menace to the world, thats all. Especially to my country because its too small to defend itself against your corporations and multinacionals. I mean, if starbucks moves here, the little shops and cafes will disappear (just an example). And that would be awfull.

Switzerland is a small country. As well as Austria. Holland.

Being small doesn't necessarily mean being vulnerable, indefensible and poor. You gotta be smart.

I love our country, but you gotta admit we are all a bunch of dumbasses who always manage to get everything and immediatly let everything go.

Also i was watching this video, and it is funny how we are almost exactly like italians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28-P_pc8tmM

Guest ruiagnelo

Kanakori is doing too much portugalgirl01500x350.jpg

I'd be doing a lot of her too.

Actually the grammar wasn't the most adequate, but you know what i mean.

Also we have tons of bitches like this one

Guest kokeboka

and if your country was remotely hospitable towards immigrants, which I can assure you that it is not

What makes you say that?

I think america is a menace to the world, thats all. Especially to my country because its too small to defend itself against your corporations and multinacionals.

Famine is a menace to the world, disease is a menace to the world - America is just a country, like all the other countries, doing what countries do. Also, no country in the world is that defenseless, including ours. If things get screwed up it's because of our decisions, not Starbucks or McDonalds.

Anyway, about NYC... I get feeling it's a bit like London, in the sense that it's an awesome place to visit/live in if you have a lot of money to spend. I might be wrong though, it's been like 10 years since I last went there. I remember being impressed with the restaurants, actually.

Guest ruiagnelo

Famine is a menace to the world, disease is a menace to the world - America is just a country, like all the other countries, doing what countries do. Also, no country in the world is that defenseless, including ours. If things get screwed up it's because of our decisions, not Starbucks or McDonalds.

That's exactly why i posted the girl holding Portugal's scarf.

Kanakori seems to be desperately defending something he doesn't actually understand that well.

How much would it cost to visit NYC by vehicle have a nice meal, get around the city a bit by cab or subway and maybe visit a museum? 300 dollars?

How much would it cost to visit NYC by vehicle have a nice meal, get around the city a bit by cab or subway and maybe visit a museum? 300 dollars?

Nice meal at Superior/Williamsburg: $15

4 MTA tickets: $10

MoMA: $25*

The Metropolitan Museum: $25*

Total: $75

*However, most museums are "donation", which means you can actually pay whatever you like. So yeah, you could do a good NYC day and get away with spending about $25.

Archived