IGNORED

New York City

YEK

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i just learnt that the population of new york ( the state) is almost the same as the population of Canada and my mind was blown the f up...

anyone live in new york, more specifically the city? is it nice ? opinions ?

i don't think i could handle living in a place like that but it could be cool to visit

discuss

Lived there for 12 years. Best city on earth.

I've been there once for 5 days, I think it was. It was overwhelming walking around with these fuck off skyscrapers surrounding you.

We managed to cram quite a bit into those few days and I loved every minute of it.

Especially Birdland!!!

yeah, its been cleaned up a lot. when i was a kid i took trips there in the 80's. totally different place. I remember seeing guy in a tutu with a full beard doing pirouettes down the street

People are rude

If you are referring to New Yorkers, is just not true. After living in LA for 9 months, I've seen a new level of human rudeness.

In NYC, if you dropped a $50 bill on Broadway, chances are someone would pick it up and chase you to give it back to you.

Most people from NYC just seem tough at first because they are used to constantly having crazy people up in their grill.

so i just learnt that the population of new york ( the state) is almost the same as the population of Canada and my mind was blown the f up...

i don't think i could handle living in a place like that but it could be cool to visit

discuss

semi-relevant... a map of the world if the largest countries had the largest populations

c6Agr.jpg

yeh, I'm not racist, you might be though..

Jesus, what the fuck is up with labeling everyone as racist. I refered that indian taxi drivers FACT

Where's this fact coming from? This may have been the case ten years ago, but my experience in the past two and a half years has included seeing taxi drivers of a number of different nationalities.

Its nice to visit but after i went there i felt like this world is doomed

i mean times square is just a monument of whats wrong with this world

if i could drop an H bomb somewhere I would pick new york

you're not good at trolling

discuss

semi-relevant... a map of the world if the largest countries had the largest populations

c6Agr.jpg

that's neat, but flawed. lot of territory in, say, canada or greenland is uninhabitable (icecaps/sheets, pack ice, gigantic lake-systems). would be cool to tweak the statistical algorithm to incorporate factors like inhability or even cultural adaptation-criteria (vietnamese in greenland?).

if you can find a new yorker in times square then they are lost. nyc is the greatest city in the world, although i do favor chicago personally. i was born in new york but moved to jersey when i was 5. most of my family still lives in ny but a lot are in chicago now too. i have spent way more time in nyc than chicago but nyc is not doom and gloom. you cant get whatever you want, whenever you want it. it is a music and food paradise.

NYC has an energy unlike any other place

this is very very true

I've really wanted to go back to NYC for a while now. Haven't been there in several years.

Last time I went, I saw Venetian Snares at the Knitting Factory, then wandered around Manhattan for the remainder of the night since I had a bus ride back to Boston at like 6:30am. I walked around with my ex-girlfriend, drunkenly jumped a turnstile with a beer in my hand at 4am, and hung out with some hobos in Chinatown.

Times Square sucks.

Fuck that. Go for LA.

I've really wanted to go back to NYC for a while now. Haven't been there in several years.

Last time I went, I saw Venetian Snares at the Knitting Factory, then wandered around Manhattan for the remainder of the night since I had a bus ride back to Boston at like 6:30am. I walked around with my ex-girlfriend, drunkenly jumped a turnstile with a beer in my hand at 4am, and hung out with some hobos in Chinatown.

Times Square sucks.

Fuck that. Go for LA.

New york city is a frozen shithole

and yeah i would tottally go to L.A even itf it was just for the low end theory parties

NYC is a great city, easily the best in this country. I loved living there, however it's a bitch to afford. I visit often. You guys are dummies.

yes. have completely missed being able to take a train in from new haven whenever i wanted. my wife and i are taking a long vacation there as soon as we can. greatest city ever.

Everything is overpriced, fuck I went to expensive restos and they where half the quality i expected them to be. I could be served like a prince in europe with the money i spent in some restos there. And the cheap food is worse too, everything tastes like complete plastic shit (and i didnt even tried those street exotic food vendors, didnt have the courage to do so).

Your problem is that ou dont know whats good so you think NYC is the best thing out there.

i don't know what's good? what are you basing this on? also,

I could be served like a prince in europe with the money i spent in some restos there.

with statements like that you're making all of europe sound like some third world eastern bloc shithole.

No man, i said its overpriced. Even a fuckin sandwich and a juice at some random store costs10 $ and in the end it tastes like old bread with snort in it, litterally.

Archived