IGNORED

Nosaj Thing - Home

Redruth

Unfortunately it wore off in less than a year but I still listen to it from time to time.
It wore off real quick for me too.

And me. Interested to hear his new stuff though

• 7 months later...

"Los Angeles producer Nosaj Thing will return with a new album, 'Home', in early 2013. But before that, he's teasing us all with a lush single, 'Eclipse/Blue', featuring dreamy guest vocals from Blonde Redhead frontwoman Kazu Makino. You can stream the track below."

http://soundcloud.com/innovativeleisure/nosaj-thing-eclipse-blue-feat

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A lot of people are dissappointed with this appearantly?

yeah although i have to wonder, how did the hype for this even begin? i've never considered him a particularly good artist- but he does seem like a genuinely good guy.

Guest interr0bangr

Really loving this release. Simply beautiful. Definitely less "unique" than Drift though, nothing really groundbreaking or hugely original here.

A lot of people are dissappointed with this appearantly?

yeah although i have to wonder, how did the hype for this even begin? i've never considered him a particularly good artist- but he does seem like a genuinely good guy.

While Drift was good, I found it a bit overhyped too. I'm playing it again now for the first time in a long while. It's good but not fantastic (maybe my mind will change when I get through all of it). Maybe not a lot of artists were doing his thing at the time, but I don't remember that being the case. Home does have a more chill, subtle, less unique sound to it, I agree. But it is nice still.

I'm back to add, as I near the end of Drift after so long, that it does have a bit more style than Home. It's more deserving of the Wonky and Glitch Hop labels. A very solid record. Though it's a good thing that after this time, Home isn't just more of the same.

• 1 month later...

Got around to listening to this finally today, nice sounds, super lush. It's a lot less hip-hop influenced and more chilled out than his previous works but it's got a good vibe.

Archived