IGNORED

Mushrooms and AE

Ivan Ooze

i'm sure everyone has seen this but still a funny commercial with music from the man who brought us an album called drug use

ok i'll just stop posting stupid shit in my own thread now

I had a big breakthrough with Confield on mushrooms. I was riding a bike (quite quickly!) from the local field after eating a substantial number of cubensis shrooms listening to it on good headphones. It was amazing, one of my favourite Autechre experiences!

Confield is the ultimate mushroom album.

dont buy yer mooshrooms,go hunt them in the wild!

and don't forget oversteps on your player

yeah, this.

don't buy them and/or don't grow them yourself. that's bullshit.

find them somewhere where they grow naturally. they're the best ones.

come to the British Isles, we have the best. ;)

Guest RadarJammer

dont buy yer mooshrooms,go hunt them in the wild!

and don't forget oversteps on your player

yeah, this.

don't buy them and/or don't grow them yourself. that's bullshit.

find them somewhere where they grow naturally. they're the best ones.

come to the British Isles, we have the best. ;)

There is no better quality control than to grow them yourself. Mushrooms don't magically absorb the spirit of the land or anything (imo) so you won't be loosing anything significant, there are many varieties to choose from but the fall weather species have a high learning curve. It's quite fun to go hunting but it can be considerably more dangerous legally and contamination-wise. Its a good crossover hobby for if you ever get interested in gourmet mushrooms, if you get into that side of things you could probably make some money selling awesome fresh picked to a local chef through the backdoor of a local restaurant.

yeah.

but no.

people should just find their own, if they can. everything is better about that.

don't buy shrooms from people you don't know.

find them yourself. and if you don't live in a place where you can find them then just go somewhere where you can.

it's like do you want to buy some goons home grown shit or do you want to go right to the source.. ? like the ancestors.

apparently cubes only grow on cow shit? and i dont know of any good places to do this anyway, has anyone from had much success in this dept. and would like to share?

i can't abide by sirchs hard line attitude against buying. i mean i wouldnt have had the opportunity to try this magnificent fungus if it werent for a friend of a friend who hooked me up. that said i want to find some on my own now

Edited by Joseph

apparently cubes only grow on cow shit? and i dont know of any good places to do this anyway, has anyone from had much success in this dept. and would like to share?

i can't abide by sirchs hard line attitude against buying. i mean i wouldnt have had the opportunity to try this magnificent fungus if it werent for a friend of a friend who hooked me up. that said i want to find some on my own now

i'm sorry to hear that. honestly.. you should go and pick them yourself. otherwise i don't think you're doing yourself or the shroom justice.

there's nothing more i can say about it really.

i'm not hard line, just honest.

i respect your opinion i was just asking for advice because i would like to hunt them myself

Edited by Joseph

i respect your opinion i was just asking for advice because i would like to hunt them myself

ok, cool. where do you live?

i live in louisiana which is supposed to be cube country. i guess its really just a matter of tracking down potential sites. there really aren't many farms around (that i know of)

Guest RadarJammer

yeah.

but no.

people should just find their own, if they can. everything is better about that.

don't buy shrooms from people you don't know.

find them yourself. and if you don't live in a place where you can find them then just go somewhere where you can.

it's like do you want to buy some goons home grown shit or do you want to go right to the source.. ? like the ancestors.

Its worth taking some nature walks or to talk with seasoned veterans at the sport to get some leads but its good to know when to end the hardy boys adventure and get down to business, the end result is infinitely more meaningful than the road there. I feel like walking around for hours/days/weeks with your head pointed at the ground is a pretty nasty habit to get into, one that could potentially get you into some bad situations, especially when it involves trespassing and/or walking around awhile with illegal stuff on you. I speak from the experience of having had to talk myself out of some sticky mushroom hunting situations when I was younger.

I would like to go foraging (love that word) for shrooms but never gone, so a bit wary about it. I have only done shrooms abroard when they were prepared for me in omelttes (a whole omelette would literally send you to another planet and beyond, half an omelette was genius).

As I live in a fairly urban area there is no culture of magic mushrooms where I live, nobody does them round here and nobody is interested in them, full stop. It's not the environment for them tbh but I spend a lot of time escaping in the countryside.

I have never listened to BoC, Aphex or Ae on shrooms and I think about this to myself, as I could be missing out bigtime. I need to hire a guide lol.

It's not really feasible during school, but my goal is to do a lot of hunting over the summer. I like to kick around outdoors a lot anyway, but again, I don't know where to go to find psylocibes.

hmmmm pay $15 to get a train out to the blue mountains to go shroom hunting, enduring the 2 hour train ride and the hideous negative stereotypes getting on and off the train while you pass through western sydney orrrrrrrr $20 for a dose from a good mate

better go get em naturally guys or shroom jesus gon' come for you in your sleep. he knows when you buy drugs off a trusted mate and believe me, he's never happy about it.

back on topic now...

lol. ah, sarcasm, the lowest form of wit.

your attitude is becoming even worse than mine! :emotawesomepm9:

Wtf?

and btw they don't only grow on cow shit..?? dunno were you heard that.

you won't need to find a farm. look for wet, grassy, muddy, dank areas. like in a forest, or Mesh Gear Fox's Y-fronts.

you talk too much

maybe I have aspergers

i apologise. i was drunk.

you don't talk too much. you wrote some interest things/posts.

just FYI, don't mix cider and gin and lager. because you will be incredibly ill. for realz.

Wtf?

and btw they don't only grow on cow shit..?? dunno were you heard that.

you won't need to find a farm. look for wet, grassy, muddy, dank areas. like in a forest, or Mesh Gear Fox's Y-fronts.

Psylocibes cubensis, the magic mushroom that lives in my area, only grows on cow manure, horse manure, and manure enriched soil. I heard that from reading field guides.