1. Beat 'em

2. Deflatine Dance

3. Cool is Bunk

4. Escape from South Shore

5. Ear Candy for Egoists

6. Referential Zombie

7. Bomb the '80s

http://meatbingo.bandcamp.com/

This release supposedly comes from Neil Scriven, close friend of fellow nostalgic samplist VHS Head. I'm becoming a big fan of the sound the Blackpool boys are creating. The release date says 2010, but I definitely haven't crossed this before in my travels so maybe it has only been posted recently...

meat.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrgypsum

i think its newly available for download, it was only on soundcloud but not downloadable. btw scrivins material is great as well. he has two LPs and an EP available for free on rackandruinrecords. its good stuff. especially the track natrual power. i would love to see the material on soundcloud for phono ghosts released, and maybe even some new stuff.

Guest White Mask

His Mixit's were indeed awesome, would be nice if something like that were to resurface again.

Guest bitroast

There are edits in these tracks that sound identical to moments in trademark ribbons of gold. I was always (maybe?) convinced whoever was involved with meat bingo was involved with trog.

Guest Backson

There are edits in these tracks that sound identical to moments in trademark ribbons of gold. I was always (maybe?) convinced whoever was involved with meat bingo was involved with trog.

with the tempos Meatbingo's playing with I'm assuming you are drawing the comparison with The Murder Cycles / Fronco Zoom to Nowhere?

His Mixit's were indeed awesome, would be nice if something like that were to resurface again.

:trollface:

This release has been up on his soundcloud for a long time... I recently asked Meatbingo if he could make it available in higher quality, which is the reason why it appeared on Bandcamp. Glad to see that other people discovered it, and are hopefully throwing some money his way; maybe it'll motivate him to release more.

Guest viscosity

glad this got a better quality release, had ripped it a while ago to listen on the go, but this is much better. had no idea this was Neil Scrivin either. his other stuff is some proper BoC-throwback and this is very reminiscent of vhs head with its choppiness

Guest Backson

I'm buying this.

Which is no small gesture, I fucking hate paying for files. You are worth it Neil.

Guest mrgypsum

I'm buying this.

Which is no small gesture, I fucking hate paying for files. You are worth it Neil.

i wont pay for mp3 or other lossless, but i will pay for wavs or flacs.

Guest Backson

I fucking hate paying for files.

lol why?

I think its best not to get into a discussion of this sort when we can talk about what excellent tunes these are.

edit: that sounds standoffish. what I meant to imply is that I love physical (CDs, 12") and try to get all my music that way.

I fucking hate paying for files.

lol why?

I think its best not to get into a discussion of this sort when we can talk about what excellent tunes these are.

edit: that sounds standoffish. what I meant to imply is that I love physical (CDs, 12") and try to get all my music that way.

Duh. Most people round here only wanna pay for vinyl. But when something is digital only (Anodyne and Mrs Jynx, lately), Im happy to support the artist. Lord knows they deserve it.

Guest sirch

just skated in to say...

1. didn;t find it that interesting or enjoyable.

2. "chopped", as somebody said, stuff like this has become old way much faster than it should. ie. i don't like it much anymore.

3. if you like it pay for the fucking files! people like Backson make me sick as a ferret.

I'm buying this.

i wont pay for mp3 or other lossless, but i will pay for wavs or flacs.

:lol:

Archived