IGNORED

yan_g - unt064

Guest yanG

Not a huge fan of the beginning, but I like what it turns into.

What's that wobbly/buzzy thing you have going on throughout the track? Ring modulation? FM using an external input as a modulator?

Honestly I don't know, I don't understand the oscillator I'm using.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the sound of it pretty much but I think it kinda lacks of something so far. Like that synth which is going on during all the track : it sounds really good but I think it would benefit from being accompanied by another (or several other) instruments.

The pads you bring later in the track, and then the beat definitely add something, but I wish you would put even more in it.

(it's just my instant opinion anyway)

i'm really liking this. it actually has a pretty similar feel to your HSS3i tracks, even though the sounds themselves are so different.

i definitely start getting into the groove at around 1:15 when the stuttering synth asserts itself, that part sounds great. the clap & snare at the end are kind of underwhelming, but could be cool if they're developed more.

Guest lullezucht

Nice! I would emphasize the manic neurotic quality of the main layer with denser beats, extend those pads and add a nice driving bass line. Keep it short and intense. Lots of potential.

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

I enjoyed it alot. I love to hear experimental music and especially when there's some insight given into the techniques used and why it was experimental and new for you. Those kinds of details make tracks like this a lot more interesting to listen to for me.

Nice! I would emphasize the manic neurotic quality of the main layer with denser beats, extend those pads and add a nice driving bass line. Keep it short and intense. Lots of potential.

totally agree w/ all of this. IMO what it needs most is a heavy moving bassline in the forefront of the song. Something simple (both in melody and tone) but powerful. That, plus some heavy/sporadic beats could make it quite the track.

You made some crazy sounds, now go full on with it and make it a banger.

:shrug:

Thanks all, I'm stuck with it right now but when i get back to it I'll check all your suggestions out again...

Guest yoseppesoy

I think its all there man (apart from the ending) I'd just maybe turn up the kick a fair bit so its really huge and boomy so you really notice it and I think it will all go together to sound really nice and intense.

Archived