IGNORED

The Black Dog just tweeted about remixing for BoC

o00o

Guest saakki

Well I for one am looking forward to this regardless of it's new material or not. Black Dog == Good. BoC == Good. Double++ good.

Everyone's a winnar baby, that's the truth.

Agreed. Can't be that bad. New or old BoC, cant go wrong with Black Dog.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speculation time: judging from BoC's track record, I expect this means they will start with a new ep first, a la In a Beatiful Place out in the Country. I don't think they'd ever be lame enough to tack a remix onto the end of an album (though I was quite surprised when they tarnished the TCH ep with remixes so who knows)

Just can't help reading these threads in the hope that someone has some really interesting titbit. Always end up disappointed though, guess I should get out more.

Kudos to sirch for posting that. Alt Return Dash Kill is my favoutite TBD track of them all. What an amazing piece of music.

Guest igloos unlmtd

seeing as their last release was the first to feature a remix I'm not really sure what this means.. i hope they are not having problems filling out their own releases now. don't get me wrong i think david did a good job.

hopefully this signals a return to their techno influences... maybe they'll get B12 on board for a remix as well which i think could be the most epic thing to ever happen since 1998.

seeing as their last release was the first to feature a remix I'm not really sure what this means.. i hope they are not having problems filling out their own releases now. don't get me wrong i think david did a good job.

hopefully this signals a return to their techno influences... maybe they'll get B12 on board for a remix as well which i think could be the most epic thing to ever happen since 1998.

Perhaps it's just the pessimist in me, but I reckon the remix is for an upcoming WARP compilation - although a remix of a new track by someone else on a BoC EP (preceding the album release) ala Trans Canada Highway would be nice as well, and if anyone can do a good remix, it's Plaid.

Yeah, I went there :trollface:

Guest igloos unlmtd

Perhaps it's just the pessimist in me, but I reckon the remix is for an upcoming WARP compilation

Just what we are all waiting for - Warp 20/20 - 20 years & 20 months still going strong

Guest sirch

Might be for an EP, might be for a compilation.

I agree. I think it's most probably for an EP, or maybe an EP-reissue/compilation of sorts, with some remixes tacked on.

Guest sirch

yeah, that'd be good. I would like to see/hear a B12 mix of BoC...

Perhaps it's just the pessimist in me, but I reckon the remix is for an upcoming WARP compilation - although a remix of a new track by someone else on a BoC EP (preceding the album release) ala Trans Canada Highway would be nice as well, and if anyone can do a good remix, it's Plaid.

Yeah, I went there :trollface:

no, you're right! i agree. :lol:

Plaid remixing BoC would be amazing.

i'm looking forward to hearing their (Plaid) mix of Anodyne, as well.

I bet it will shit all over The Black Dog one! :wink:

:duckhunt:

Guest sirch

I reckon the remix is for an upcoming WARP compilation - although a remix of a new track by someone else on a BoC EP (preceding the album release) ala Trans Canada Highway would be nice as well.

I reckon you're right, JR. that's a good insight. because i don't know why only Black Dog specifically would be asked to remix BoC. it doesn't make a lot of sense really. unless it was the other way around and they didn't actually get asked at all, but instead somebody from Black Dog asked them... or some warp-bot who knows them. - 'i'll get my people to contact your people and we'll do lunch'... lol

but, if it is for a celebratory WARP comp.-type-thing then we can probably expect more remixes, from people like Autechre, Plaid, B12, Luke Vibert, Global Communication/Link, Aphex & Pusher?... etc. - possibly all the old 'Golden Warp Era' greats.

t'would be a pretty amazing release!

Perhaps it's just the pessimist in me, but I reckon the remix is for an upcoming WARP compilation

Another one? i really doubt it, unless they want bands like My Best Friend to do remakes of Aphex Twin songs.

Guest sirch

Another one? i really doubt it, unless they want bands like My Best Friend to do remakes of Aphex Twin songs.

I think it could possibly be some sort of celebratory thing, like to mark the release of BoC's new album? or something like that. where they (Warp/BoC) get a bunch of classic Warp artists to remix some stuff from BoC's back catalogue, for an EP/album/double album(?) release prior to the new BoC album coming out. this would take care of the 'reissue' thang, sorta, aswell as making a fresh new BoC release, of sorts, to shut fans up until the album comes out...?

Guest sirch

waits for sirch...

sorry, i was away for a bit. tending to my (in)sanity, drug addictions, and fast escalating liver and kidney disease.

Archived