IGNORED

The Black Dog just tweeted about remixing for BoC

o00o

because we're not rabid boccers.

the thing is though, when you think about it, who exactly are the rabid boccers? their numbers are way exaggerated. in effect, they are us :cerious:

sounds like you need to pay a visit to twoism :boc:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i was o00o i would delete this thread (because locking all this shite just isn't enough).

Peace out... :smile:

How to kill what has no life lol

How do you know it's unreleased BoC?

seriously, if this whole BoC story showed us anything, is that it is really important to be rigorous and clear about information, even if it is so little as in this case.

every case

i hate remix albums, even if they come with a new album.

it seems like a lazy way for the artist to think they have more material out when no one really gives a rat f about remixes.

disagree. AFX and Plaid's remix comps are both gold, as well as the Laxir set of Ae remixes that was already mentioned.

but I do agree that news of a remix does not get me excited.

right but I put ae and afx up there with boc. I'd be very interested in any ae or afx remix to see what their interpretation is but I'm less interested in someone remixing ae or afx because I doubt it would be any better than the original. in the case of any of my favorite artists remixing anything, id be more inclined to enjoy it seeing as I appreciate most of what said artist does. know what I'm saying?

Guest sirch

i hate remix albums, even if they come with a new album.

it seems like a lazy way for the artist to think they have more material out when no one really gives a rat f about remixes.

disagree. AFX and Plaid's remix comps are both gold, as well as the Laxir set of Ae remixes that was already mentioned.

but I do agree that news of a remix does not get me excited.

right but I put ae and afx up there with boc. I'd be very interested in any ae or afx remix to see what their interpretation is but I'm less interested in someone remixing ae or afx because I doubt it would be any better than the original. in the case of any of my favorite artists remixing anything, id be more inclined to enjoy it seeing as I appreciate most of what said artist does. know what I'm saying?

I know what you're saying, Jules. and i agree with ya.

to clarify, i would love boc remixing stuff (as they have and most are killer) but i meant i don't care to hear a lesser known or loved (by me) artist remixing a better one.

for instance i would much rather hear boc remix black dog than vice versa. i have no interest in what black dog does to a boc track. at all. yet alone an ep/lp filled with people's interpretations of a boc track. that stuff is not for me.

Ah gotcha. I'm with you there. But while I have interest in Black Dog remixing BoC but I am honestly more excited at the fact that BoC is actually "active" again.

where exactly do you get the notion that Boards of Canada are active?

"They are definitely working on new material, but there is nothing in the cards at the moment in terms of a scheduled release."

From the pitchfork article. *Shrugs*

cool, right gotcha.

So that would mean that they haven't been working on new material for the past 6 years?

because if that's not what it means, then there's no news here. because we've already been told by someone close to the band that they've been working on material.

note to self, brief posts expressing naive optimism inspire 2-10x more responses than long-winded appreciation rants

i'm long over the second coming of christ boc syndrome. i enjoy what i have but i don't wait on a new album with bated breath like i would, say, a new burial album, or even a new autechre album if such things were announced.

This is normally me. I've been ignorning the BoC speculation threads for months and for some reason the recent "developments" seemed different. Maybe it's the fact that unlike RDJ, they don't tease or BS, they just stay absolutely mute. And hell, I've been listening to them a lot lately, so I'm sure that factored in. Today's post is my first on any new album speculation thread in ages. Foolish statement? Sure. But I don't regret typing it. I'm hopeful but not obsessive.

to clarify, i would love boc remixing stuff (as they have and most are killer) but i meant i don't care to hear a lesser known or loved (by me) artist remixing a better one.

for instance i would much rather hear boc remix black dog than vice versa. i have no interest in what black dog does to a boc track. at all. yet alone an ep/lp filled with people's interpretations of a boc track. that stuff is not for me.

Ah gotcha. I'm with you there. But while I have interest in Black Dog remixing BoC but I am honestly more excited at the fact that BoC is actually "active" again.

"They are definitely working on new material, but there is nothing in the cards at the moment in terms of a scheduled release."

cool, right gotcha.

So that would mean that they haven't been working on new material for the past 6 years?

because if that's not what it means, then there's no news here. because we've already been told by someone close to the band that they've been working on material.

note to self, brief posts expressing naive optimism inspire 2-10x more responses than long-winded appreciation rants

my point was to highlight that for all we've been made aware, Boards of Canada have been active since at least 2009.

but then again, it was all just pub-talk...

I know Pitchfork is famous for bullshit. I know they're famous for trying to stir shit up. It looks like that's what's happening here and there's no reason for me to believe them regarding it.

what the hell? pitchfork definitely sucks ass sometimes, but what is that line about?

TWOISM :derp:

cool, right gotcha.

my point was to highlight that for all we've been made aware, Boards of Canada have been active since at least 2009.

but then again, it was all just pub-talk...

agree, very much just pub-talk :happy:

John Peel - "What's you going to do now, back to uh, your secret lair to do more tunes? BoC - "We're off to the pub actually."

Well I for one am looking forward to this regardless of it's new material or not. Black Dog == Good. BoC == Good. Double++ good.

Everyone's a winnar baby, that's the truth.

when he tweeted there where a ton of people asking questions about what kind of release etc but he ignored them all and keept tweeting about other stuff

when he tweeted there where a ton of people asking questions about what kind of release etc but he ignored them all and keept tweeting about other stuff

This actually sounds like good news. I'm becoming a believer.

This actually sounds like good news. I'm becoming a believer.

maybe he can't find the connect function on the new twitter. i mean, it took me a while.

Archived