IGNORED

Laurel Halo - Quarentine

Guest primusluta

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ZombieLincoln666

The vocals prevent me from listening to this.

It isn't that I dislike her voice per se, but they are too hot in the mix and not in tune.

• 1 year later...
Guest bitroast

ooook, i know i'm late. just discovered her. i LOVE the vocals. the melodies are weird at first, but they work extremely well. "travelling heart, don't go away". listened to airsick 50 times in a row, no shit.

ditto!

I felt like I was part of a little minority in thinking this is one of the most original sounding and beautiful records I have heard in recent years.

I hope she's still exploring what she can do with her vocal as an instrument in her work because this album was a highlight !!

Funny this got topped. I JUST put this album on yesterday after not hearing it for a while and it totally hit me in a new way.

But yes, what you guys said. All of a sudden my mind was opened to the lushness of the vocals. So to speak. And the melodies! The weird, weird, weird, fuckin weirdo melodies on this album.

Archived