IGNORED

Laurel Halo - Quarentine

Guest primusluta

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

omgicantwait

i've noticed may 2012 is turning out to be a pretty exciting month. lots of things to look forward to. including this. i can't wait to hear this.

oh wow. there's also a new EP this month*u*

The Spring EP is due out later this month, and finds her on more dancefloor-friendly form than anything she's done so far. Based on her varied output so far, expect Quarantine to be something different again, but equally special.

Guest bitroast

"THAT SHIT REALLY ANNOYS ME."

Nice little interview. When did it become such a norm for interviews to have random lines from the very same interview you're reading re-posted in bold. that shit really annoys me. especially when the interview is only a few paragraphs long. :\

Also, that album cover is amazing. I really want to hear this album! ^^

Guest primusluta

When did it become such a norm for interviews to have random lines from the very same interview you're reading re-posted in bold. that shit really annoys me. especially when the interview is only a few paragraphs long. :\

Throwback to the print era, when the large bold text made you want to read what was on the page as you flipped through a magazine.

At any rate... incredibly amped about this release. Hour Logic was my best EP of 2011. Interested to hear how her production has improved as she says, since there was a clear step up for me between King Felix and Hour Logic. All around though maybe my most anticipated releases for the year.

When did it become such a norm for interviews to have random lines from the very same interview you're reading re-posted in bold. that shit really annoys me. especially when the interview is only a few paragraphs long. :\

Throwback to the print era, when the large bold text made you want to read what was on the page as you flipped through a magazine.

Yes, it's called a pullquote, and doesn't seem really appropriate on an article this short

Guest Lucy Faringold

King Felix is quality and has some real interesting hooks. I recommend it. It's a lot different to her recent stuff though.

Slightly off topic: I've got a track by her called Future Fruit from the Ambrosia EP which seems to be impossible to find now. Anyway it's on some super-lush layered pop/future jazz type shit and is pretty outstanding. Kind of amazing how many different directions she could potentially go in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest primusluta

First impression: 'Eh, those vocals sound a bit weird'

Me thinks me likes the King Felix EP better.

This is a little disappointing, not sure how to feel about the vocals. Was hoping for more of an expansion into the sound she carved out with Hour Logic.

"Yeeeeeaaah, that's right!"

Archived