IGNORED

I've never ever used the ignore feature on watmm

jules

I'm right there with you Jules. First ignore ever in my 12+ years of WATMM is approaching quickly.

edit: MAX was annoying but at least fun to troll. I still don't see what people had against sup....

I wish I could. I really do.

Relinquish your moderator status and become one with the Hive. Resistance is futile.

lol but I love being all gestapo and editing my posts without indicating that I've done so.

Relinquish your moderator status and become one with the Hive. Resistance is futile.

lol but I love being all gestapo and editing my posts without indicating that I've done so.

Not seeing when a mod has edited a post is indeed pretty damn Gestapo.

I like to see what people are saying regardless of how stupid it is. I can ignore people's stupid comments whether I can see them or not, I don't need an ignore function. I do like it though, because the people who complain about my stupid posts can just put me on ignore and stop complaining; complaints about posts are just about as useful as the dumb posts themselves.

Can't EKT members do this?

I like to see what people are saying regardless of how stupid it is. I can ignore people's stupid comments whether I can see them or not, I don't need an ignore function. I do like it though, because the people who complain about my stupid posts can just put me on ignore and stop complaining; complaints about posts are just about as useful as the dumb posts themselves.

Can't EKT members do this?

No.

For the record - I have never edited anyone else's posts without being requested to.

i did fuck with one of ET's thread titles once, which I regret - knowing that he has mental issues which need medication.

But otherwise I only edit my own posts.

i did fuck with one of ET's thread titles once, which I regret - knowing that he has mental issues which need medication.

This is why I think people should be careful with what they say, regardless of how stupid a poster is. I was the ass of jokes on another forum yet and it felt fucking horrible; I have several symptoms of borderline and rather severe generalized anxiety disorder (and possibly mild bipolar disorder, but I doubt it; I was diagnosed at one point, but other psychs said it was a misdiagnosis). I was dissociated for a week, and that was a week where I was on vacation, too. It was awful. I know I should have just ignored it and stopped posting, but I didn't.

For the record - I have never edited anyone else's posts without being requested to.

But otherwise I only edit my own posts.

I think it should be visible if a mod has edited a post. Give some semblance of transparency which would do a world of good for this forum.

I've got a couple under ignore. One was max.

There is a point where a poster can dominate any thread, just by showing up. Often they show up multiple times. A huge tell is when they have multiple posts without anyone posting in between. Often adding nothing of any importance.

I know it's dickish to put people on ignore, but some just manage to ruin the whole experience. Putting them on ignore is a way to manage the signal/noise ratio. It's nothing personal.

I wish that the ignore option would really ignore them, not leave a message saying "you have ignored this poster, click to view anyway" on their posts. It would be easier to ignore then, because I always end up clicking in the hope they would have said something smart and I get disappointed.

Archived