IGNORED

SOG - For The Love Of God

Redruth

^ Congrats on another lazy, rubbish post troon.

For as much reverence as I have for Mr. Voigt (listening to Mohn rite now in fact), he's perfectly capable of releasing total clunkers like this. 5 tracks of atonal bass drum workouts, yeah!!

Funny thing is, he churns out stuff twice a month or more sometimes and most of it still sells out on the Kompakt site.

"In the beginning God created the bass drum. He made it beat 8,601 days. Then he left it away. God said: Death is the greatest work of art. And it's expensive. Finally infinite. That's politics and science and art. The art of omission. The art of refusal. Death is absolute. The bass drum is absolute. Do you want the absolute bass drum? If you manage to convince him, God will be happy to lend you his axe, because what happens is what he wants. Just like the people. They want it to happen, too. The most expensive work of art in the world is a skull encrusted with 8,601 diamonds."

The sentence structure on this press release sounds about as appealing as the product itself.

I'm sure a company as big as Kompakt would have someone that could translate it properly.

As I'm sure most of its staff members speak English quite well, why would they bother? I find it quite endearing when there are small mistranslations in their press releases. It doesn't happen that often though.

And are they really that big of a company? I don't think so.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Voigt is the kind of musician who favors concepts over anything else, which means sometimes you get a fascinating piece of work like GAS and sometimes you get a video of a floor fan with something stuck in it.

sometimes you get a fascinating piece of work like GAS and sometimes you get a video of a floor fan with something stuck in it.

That's probably the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time. LOL (I did, honestly !)

Archived