IGNORED

The Field - Cupid's Head (The Gas Remixes)

KGW

The only thing I complain about Kompakts attitude is their absolutely wank about the music they release. Every press sheet sounds like they re-invented the wheel. Well, that is maybe more a problem of their PR agents but should not affect the music. They had a pretty good year and to see GAS remixing is always a bit like hmmm, early christmas?

So, this arrived (ordered from Koln on Friday and received in Manchester on Tuesday!) and it's really good.

The Gas mix is a long one and actually varies quite a lot throughout. Having said that, it's unmistakeably Gas.

The ambient mix is also really good and is a nice alternative (especially when your neighbour has just complained about the loud music).

Very pleased with this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Redialer

Got mine today. Pretty bumpy record, and it was shipped with each piece separate, weirdly (or maybe it isn't, I haven't bought that many vinyls). Still, two great remixes. I really do hope GAS will return for another LP.

• 1 month later...

There's something majestic about the ambient mix on here, it washes over you in waves like a natural body high or something. I don't think I've ever been able to play it only once, I keep wanting it to go on and on. I realize the Gas project is all about the meeting between the beats and the forest, but bless this beatless beast.

Archived