IGNORED

Judge Dredd (2012)

usagi

didn't see a thread on this. I know there are Dredd fans out there (brace yourselves), though I never really got the time to get into it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxvXAW3Nfwk

Karl Urban as Dredd, Lena Headey ( :w00t: ) as Ma-Ma, and another gal I've never seen before as Anderson

Guest Gary C

I don't like the look of it. Maybe a B-Movie is the best it'll ever be, but it looks cheap and stupid.

Yeah, doesnt look amazing. The shots of mega-city-one from the desert makes it look like any normal city, thought the whole point was as tall as it was wide?!

Might be a cult hit though if they have a good script. I personally didnt find the Stallone effort too cringeworthy.

The only thing I remember liking about the Stallone version was some of the robot designs were cool. I found out later that Chris Cunningham designed and built the robuts in the film.

2762247469_faf7e2b17d.jpg

Guest Gary C

So they're remaking the Raid already I see.

Mhmm. I thought the same as half-way through the trailer it suddenly becomes about a battle up a tower. Methinks they might have hastily added that scene towards the end of production.

Im a huge fan of dredd and the 2000ad comics, i have well over a thousand of them.

this shit look 100% ass.

pretty much kills all hope of ever getting a decent dredd universe movie.

fs

Guest FuncRandm

<illgetmecoatthen>

Cassandra Anderson is still a rookie... maybe they built all the blocks after she graduated...

</illgetmecoatthen>

I'm hoping its a test of the waters. There is a huge amount of back-material they can use... Block Mania/Apocalypse War/Death/The Dark Judges/Judda/Rico/Chopper/Cursed Earth/Judge Child/Undercity Werewolves/A proper Angel brothers/Finks return...

So much stuff there. Hopefully this is a first toe in the water and then it should be good from there on in.

...they could always just do a Zenith film instead.

Archived