IGNORED

All of Frankie 5's music

Guest Frankie5fingers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, Kruder&Dorfmeister would be proud. I would set the bass back a little in the mix. Technically I think this is quite solid, it's a little too smooth for my tastes (specially that horn & vibes), but I think you achieved what you were going for.

Guest Frankie5fingers

if you dont like trumpets then why is your monkey playing one? lol.

thanks for the listen man. i always go back and forth with the bass on this one. sometimes i felt like its too much and other times i think "not enough." i really am not sure about it. lol.

That last one is mellow as a song can be. I like it a lot. and yeah, play with the bass a little more. It seems off somehow. maybe some delay or reverb would help? I dunno, I can't put my finger on it, sorry. Great song though.

Guest Frankie5fingers

@A/D: it doesn't, everyone has their own tastes.

@747: i am at a little disadvantage with lowfreq work since i have shitty speakers and i have to do it through these no too great headphones that i got. so i can't really "hear" the sounds as they are being played. for the most part i do my EQ visually with a spectrograph. but yeah, Joe and I where very proud with this song so we definitely will be coming back to this several times to make it better. maybe not immediately since we both have our own projects we're working on at the moment and another collab that we're working on. but when we do we'll make sure to check the bass first.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frankie5fingers

well, since classes have started up i really have been slacking in making music. so i though id just hit you guys up with a (partial) cover instead.

Heres me playing the intro to Iambic 9 poetry by Squarepusher. and please go easy on me, i learned this by ear so its not exactly perfect. ENJOY!

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/squarepusher-iambic-9-poetry

Guest Frankie5fingers

ok, so if anybody has been following the stupid thread i made in EKT general discuss than you know that i was debating whether or not to release my bass music on this site. but due to some encouragement from some of ya im gonna post a rough draft of a song im writing. im not begging at all for comments or anything, but i would like to know if anyone here is even remotely interested in this. the response i get will determine whether or not i continue to update you all on this album.

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/my-new-bass-song-wip-preview/s-jfZCK

Guest Frankie5fingers

thanks man, i actually finished writing it today so ill update it soon. as for other elements im thinking maybe some light drums (not sure yet), but really i want to keep this simple. but i do have a couple bass lines ready that i will be turning into Squarepusher-type songs similar to Hello Meow.

I like both pieces! Please post when you have the versions you want. I'm interested to see how they sound with polished performances.

Guest Frankie5fingers

thanks guys. im glad you all liked em.

@A/D: i plan on spending a lot of time on this album. i get very serious about my bass playing and will only release what i think is worthy enough. ill be posting updated versions along the way but it may be awhile between each update.

k, heres the full song. like any of you care. :cry: lol

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/song-1/s-E3SZ5

i like it, sounds like sonic youth!!! i'll place some drums over it if it's ok with you, it's not a promise, but i wanna!

Guest Frankie5fingers

k, heres the full song. like any of you care. :cry: lol

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/song-1/s-E3SZ5

i like it, sounds like sonic youth!!! i'll place some drums over it if it's ok with you, it's not a promise, but i wanna!

thanks man and thanks for the comparison. not much of a sonic youth fan but i still greatly appreciate it. and im glad you like it. im still working on it. this is nowhere near finished. and i already plan on adding some drums to it myself.

unless you mean live drums? then i might be very interested.

thanks man and thanks for the comparison. not much of a sonic youth fan but i still greatly appreciate it. and im glad you like it. im still working on it. this is nowhere near finished. and i already plan on adding some drums to it myself.

unless you mean live drums? then i might be very interested.

haha i wish, i can't play the drums...

there's some gems in their work:

[youtubehd]m4GOpJLxIsM[/youtubehd]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Frankie5fingers

k, im trying to learn the ins and outs for when i record myself playing. syncing up time, making it audible on all types of speakers. that kind of stuff. this song will be on the album. im thinking of doin an interlude type deal. long song, interlude, long song, interlude, etc... thats why its short. 'nough said though.

id like to hear you guys' imput. does this sound right? like does the eq sound good, can you guys hear it on your speakers (good and bad ones), things like that. im using a DigiTech Jamman Solo looper pedal to record and Ableton to arrange and master. so if any of ya have a trick or two in a case like this id like to hear what you gotta say.

• 1 month later...
Guest Frankie5fingers

wow, been a long time since i posted something. heres something SergeantK and I collaborated on. its the second installment of our Prognosis Series.

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/prognosis-2

and just in case anyone missed it, here is our 1st installment.

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/track-title

on a side note, anyone that was remotely interested in my bass album ive been working hard on it. havent given up! if anyone wants to hear the progress ive made i could do several rough cuts. but only if ya ask.

Archived