J3FF3R00

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1460535262_c4005c996a.jpg

Research Machine, awesome!

Here's some MSX Basic music I wrote for one of my demos when I was 14:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1311883/mp3/MSX/msx3.mp3

...and here's some I was inspired to write this year when I went through my old diskettes. Nested for-loops galore:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1311883/mp3/MSX/Funky/funky3.mp3

Edit: And let's add some drums and dubs to that:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1311883/mp3/MSX/Funky/MSX%20dub.mp3.mp3

My own computerized experience started with this:

tomytronic.jpg

We did have a computer but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I'll ask my dad when I next see him.

Guest umop_apisdn

As far back as I can remember, my family had an IBM PC that took Nintendo-esque cartirdges (actually, more like 8-track-esque cartridges). I remember it being some time before we got a floppy disk drive. I have fond memories of the original Jumpman game, Donkey Kong, some game where you corral a mouse by pushing around bars in a grid, and some flying game that I thought had incredible graphics at the time.

I had the computer favoured by 9/10 late 80's/ early 90's electronic musicians:

300px-Atari_1040STf.jpg

The Atari 1040STe, with 4MB RAM and I had a 15" RGB monitor as well as a black and white 800x600 monitor (the desktop publishing program I used, Calamus, only ran in black and white high-res), and an external 90MB SCSI HDD.

Cutting edge tech, joyrex!

I remember being so damn excited when I got an 80mb hard drive (it was my first). I could load all of my games onto it! ALL OF THEM! And I didn't need a boot disk anymore!!

Cutting edge tech, joyrex!

I remember being so damn excited when I got an 80mb hard drive (it was my first). I could load all of my games onto it! ALL OF THEM! And I didn't need a boot disk anymore!!

Yeah, I remember thinking "I will NEVER fill up 90MB, no matter how many .mod files I download from the BBS!"

Guest disparaissant

shit i start deleting at 20gb free lol

and that is more than all of my computers from before 2003 put together

shit i start deleting at 20gb free lol

and that is more than all of my computers from before 2003 put together

I remember the old PC I took to college getting very full as soon as stumbled into the world of non-limewire/k p2p music sharing - it'd go down to "0 mb free" and I'd just restart it to get back a few hundred mbs. The os would become so slow that I'd have windows close in increments when I ran more than a couple programs. Eventually bought an external HD that xmas.

It came in what was is the most amazing packaging EVER for the time

BBCBoxFront.jpg

fixt

my first own computer was a Celeron 366 with 192MB of RAM and nVidia Riva TNT graphics.

My father had a Wearnes' 286 DOS computer with the only thing installed was the word processor, which he used to write books with. I crashed that computer once, because I was trying to run Windows on it....

Archived