IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

And this BS about the 16-year old Chinese girl Ye being doped because she dominated is just arrogance and racism from the Western media. Phelps gets 8 golds in Beijing and he's a hero and awesome, a Chinese wins gold in convincing fashion and she must be on the juice, hypocritical. It's a shame that an excellent performance is not being celebrated just because jealousy. I bet had the 17-year old American girl done the exact same result the press would be gushing all over it.

I really wouldn't put it past the Chinese government.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Greatest Olympian is the true and worthy title.

The title of Greatest Living Athlete would be presumably be confined to world record holding heptathletes*.

*Is Decathlon an Olympic event?

Phelps is a generational talent with an appropriate physique, but as said it's easy to grab a bunch of medals in swimming. Someone like Carl Lewis or Larisa Latynina (previous record holder with 18 medals) with more varied disciplines are more impressive feats. Why not make it so that the results of each distance and style of swimming an athlete competes in are tallied and the three best results get their respective medals.

I think some credit is due for his ability to swim so many styles so well (many just stick with one stroke and maybe a relay event) but again, it is apples and oranges comparing his feat to that of track and field or gymnastic athletes.

And this BS about the 16-year old Chinese girl Ye being doped because she dominated is just arrogance and racism from the Western media. Phelps gets 8 golds in Beijing and he's a hero and awesome, a Chinese wins gold in convincing fashion and she must be on the juice, hypocritical. It's a shame that an excellent performance is not being celebrated just because jealousy. I bet had the 17-year old American girl done the exact same result the press would be gushing all over it.

I feel a bit bad for Ye herself - I don't think it's as egregious as their 2008 women's gymnastic team being underage. She maybe doping because, well she's coached and trained in China - I won't assume that's the case unless it's proven officially.

Also, a 15 year old from Lithuania won. She did the best in that event. Simple as that.

article-2181300-144C330C000005DC-453_634x395.jpg

Ignorant Americans were probably raising eyebrows at this until they read she was trained in the UK, goes to school, has a loving family, etc. In the America, plenty of kids are physically exhausted by the time they're 18, some often having careers cut short from torn ACLs or crippling injuries, and all playing domestic sports like Football and Baseball. We're just as capable of pushing children too far, it's just on a bigger and scarier scale in China. There's it's the national government, here it's powerful sports leagues.

I think it's bullshit to cast doubt on a Chinese athlete that excels at a sport just because they are Chinese and they somehow can't be good without doping. How many times have US athletes been busted for doping again? Obviously the US swimmers must be genetically enhanced and doped because they are so dominant. See how easy it is?

I think it's bullshit to cast doubt on a Chinese athlete that excels at a sport just because they are Chinese and they somehow can't be good without doping. How many times have US athletes been busted for doping again? Obviously the US swimmers must be genetically enhanced and doped because they are so dominant. See how easy it is?

It is, NBC is leading the "commentary" stateside and they're all over it. They can cover sports AND produce a controversy. Chick-fil-A boycotts and theater shootings are so last week anyway, and the election has been determined to be dull at the moment.

to me they all mean.. put penis there. different numbers of. also fingers. there's one that clearly means she'll cut it off with scissors, don't bother that one.

can anyone work out what these beach volleyball hand signals mean? i've been studying them extremely closely and can't quite work out the code.

Olympics+Day+1+Beach+Volleyball+1EZIQSSHV89l.jpgarticle-2180705-1446890C000005DC-243_634x402.jpg

"Clean it. With your face."

Those pesky badminton players.

This whole thing is stupid. Come up with a better tournament format that doesn't reward tanking.

Once again the Onion delivers on-point lols:

NBC On Olympics Coverage: 'Sorry We Didn't Alter The Laws Of Space And Time To Accommodate People's Schedules'

Also I'll pass on the beach volleyball tail tyvm, all I can see are just straight legs to waist, and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoKwYdIuxf8

apparently london retail and tourist trade has gone all shit since the olympics started because nobody is going there because normal people are avoiding london because shit

just what london needs

:wacko:

I'm surprised only one person commented on this.

see a few pages back for more extensive fapping prior to your initial post

edit: page 4

I've been given a legitimate reason to care about the Olympics... I'm not even an aussie but how can I not route for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhR0Ie64PI

yea i would get behind her and.. root.. her

why is she doing that why are my pants so tight now

I've been given a legitimate reason to care about the Olympics... I'm not even an aussie but how can I not route for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhR0Ie64PI

:wub:

tumblr_m7f6d1ub8Y1qzr9qko1_500.gif

Damn she is really cute.

ibwsMBHAoqBn6v.gif

ibwsMBHAoqBn6v.gif

Cheers for the eye candy, sir :beer:

23699691.jpg

if i had a girlfriend i'd probably subtely suggest green nail polish and then handjob (i've actually done that before but it was peach colour, can't remember the reason for it now)

i would do horrible horrible things to that lovely lady.

remember that thread where I said I didn't find that girl everyone finds attractive attractive, and that I would supposedly be chomping at the bit if she asked me for a light rogering? I have the exact and polar opposite opinion on this woman.

Archived